barclays filed their defence - help

marley2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiyas - 1st time posting - be gentle wit me :p

Received letter thur zackly same as urs amanda just a bog standard "sorry u dissatissfied - complaints procedure encl blah de blah etc" telling me would aim to resolve issue by 20th march.

Am kinda assummin that should reply adding thanks to the positive response etc but that we ave set the deadlines not them and that they actually only ave approx one more week b4 2nd letter issued allowing another 14 days to respond - also - surely should comment in our reply that in fact we not filed a complaint but ave simply requested back whats owed, so they must unfortunately be confused (heavy hints of sarcasm at this point Lol ;))

Anyways, would be v. appreciative any advice/comments pls? Many thanks peeps, x

• Haha 1

'Confidence grows & heartbeat slows to a steady stronger beat, as each member unites, against DCA fights & we all sail aboard the CAG fleet!' :rolleyes:

:pKeep smiling peeps!

mystic, dont write just keep to your timescales, your wasting postage, and it wont make any difference, start your own thread and people will help you along :)

DELBOY

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

no as delboy said dont write them a letter thanking them, they dont deserve our thanks the gits good luck with ur claim hun

i recieved a letter yesterday from barclays saying sorry ur dissatified and they hope to resolve in 8 weeks ha ha too late mate u would of recieved my prelim yesterday giving u 2 weeks to pay up or im going to take u to court lol

ill keep u all posted tho

amanda

WOW they did reply fast!

Just put it in your LBA that the offer is not acceptable and that you will be commencing legal action if they do not pay the full sum withtin 14 days.

Just reword the LBA a little to fit that in :)

• Haha 1

24 hours in a day... 24 in a case... co-incidence???

maybe its coz im a woman lol

ok so ill send the lba off tomorrow and i will send the form back withut signing it

woo hoo im all excited now

they had till a week on friday to reply to the prelim so do i give them til the sme time with the lba or give a further 14 days

amanda

Amanda you can wait if you want but even though they have made another offer you have given them enough time to repay what is rightfully yours.

Dont write again even if they have made another offer file your claim at court:D

AL:)

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

Hi

I sent my letter on the 6th March and the letter you have received from the Woolwich is exactly the same one as I have just received back. They have also returned my cheque for £10 and told me the intend to resolve the matter by 4th April!!

So do i have to wait until then?

Help!!

The returned cheque I am presuming was for the SAR? If you sent a SAR then they have 40 days to send you your data.

In all cases stick to YOUR timescales and not what the bank say. If you have given them 14 days and not heard back from them move onto the next step. Generally it should be

1. SAR (40 days),

2. Prelim letter (14 days)

3. Letter Before action (14 days)

4. Court proceedings/MCOL

ok need ur help again guys

i am about to send of the LBA, in the template it says name of court, how do i find out the name of the court in which it will go to, there is one at the top of my street, which is south western magistrates court, do u think it will be that one

also when i file an mcol, who is it i am taking to court, my bank is the woolwich but all correspondance has been from barclays. i dont want to get this wrong.

and on the mcol particulars it says not to put the intrest bit in but send the list of charges with it on is this right

amandax

LBA doesn't need the name of a court.

You are simply telling them you will be commencing legal action.

On my MCOL I put Barclays (mine was against Woolwich Open Plan) and have had no problem. :)

hiya hunnie

ah right, i got the template for it from another place and u have to put the court name so thanks for that ill use the one on here instead,

i have put the defendant name as Barclays T/A woolwich do u think that will be ok as its barclays headed paper they are using to send to me.

amandax