barclays filed their defence - help

marley2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am new to this forum and needed some help, i sent a data protection letter to the woolwich requesting to see my bank charges,on the 29th january I heard back from them on the 2nd feb saying they are dealing with my complaint and will get back to me by the 2nd marchthey even sent me there complaints procedure leaflet, I havent recieved the statements i have asked for what do i do now, do i wait until the 2nd march and then ask again for them

please help coz i dont know what the bank owes me as i havent got statements

amanda

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Welcome to the site.You will get a lot of help and support here.Did you send the £10 fee with your DPA request.? Under the rules the Woolwich has 40 days to reply with your request, so give it a bit more time .They have to the 10th of March to reply.

• Haha 1

Hi Amanda

Yes re the statements, they have 40+2 days for postage, to get your data to you (12th March) so you have a bit of time to wait. Have a read through the Woolwich forum a see how others have got on with there claims. also have a look at these if you have'nt already http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

And keep us posted.

AL:)

• Haha 1

-------------------------

CAPITAL ONE * SETTLED*31st Oct 06

HBOS *SETTLED* 8th Oct 06

WOOLWICH *SETTLED*12thJan2007

Monument (Barclays) *SETTLED*10thMar2007

ive been looking at what u guys all recieved as ur first letter from the bank and its nothing like what i go so now im wondering if i sent in the right thing here is a copy of what i sent them and then ill do a copy of what they sent me and if someone can tell me if this is all ok id be really grateful

Monday 29th January 2007

Mrs xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxx

xxxxxxx

Woolwich Bank

48-50 St Johns Road

Clapham Junction

London

SW11 1RW

Re: Account number xxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam,

I request that Woolwich Bank provides me with details of all default charges for unauthorised overdrafts and unpaid direct debits and standing orders I have paid in the last six years.

I understand that Woolwich Bank is obliged to provide this information under the Data Protection Act 1998.

I look forward to hearing from you within 40 days.

Yours faithfully

this is the reply i got

thank you for taking the time and trouble to tell us about your dissatisfaction with our service. We work hard at the woolwich to deliver a first class service to all our customers and we are sorry that you feel let down on this occasion. You can be sure that we will do everything possible to put things right for you now, and so that we improve our service in the future.

We would like to explain what happens next regarding your complaint, recieved 2nd february 2007.

We have taken responsibility for fully investigating the issues you have raised, and we aim t resolve this matter by 02 march 2007. In the meantime if you have any further information queries or concerns please contact us on 0845 0700 360 please have your telephone security to hand when you call.

May we assure you that your comments are extremely important to us and we will respond to your complaint as quickerly as we can. For more information about how the woolwich works to resolve complaints please see the leaflet enclosed.

Yours sincerely

m wallis

Michelle Wallis

asales and service manager

(this letter is a photocopy of a signiture.) they havent actually signed

id be grateful is anyone can help

Hi Amanda

Ok they have 40 days +2 for postage to reply to your DPA SAR.

In the meantime have a look around the woolwich forum and also the speadsheets http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/51736-excel-contractual-interest-spreadsheet.html

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dhcnzwk5_3d8k3cr

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Ok there are thre different ones to start with and im no mathmatician but i managed it. You only need to imput data from your statements when you recieve them, (the ss does all the calcs).

Hope this helps.:)

AL:D

thanks so much for ur reply e28bigalbexley i was a bit worried that i had done it wrong, will look at spreadsheets and await a response of statements from the woolwich they better hurry up with them im dying to know how much they owe me

will keep u updated.

amanda

Hi Amanda

No looks like your doing just fine.

Thats a standard letter they have sent.

Have a look at the spreadsheets over the weekend if you get time.

They look a bit daunting but if you download one and spend a couple of hours just imputing anything into it you will see it does all the calcs for you.

AL:)

ok i recieved a letter today from my bank woo hoo it had a list of charges they have made but no statements they actually took the time out to list everything and the total came to £2855.00 the gits

the letter said they have now sent my complaint to head office and they will deal with it so what do i do now wait to hear back or send another letter

please help

amanda

Now is the time to enter all the figures onto the spread sheet, that is the standard with Woolwich, they send it to head office, which is actually Barclays!

You'll recieve plenty of standardised letters from them. The thing is you set the time limits not them, they will try to say we will respond by such a date. It does not matter what they say....

Don't wait for a reply, send in your LBA (Letter Before Action) and attach a schedule of all the charges. You can also claim back all the interest that they have charged you on the £2855.

DO NOT however add the 8% interest just yet, this is what you add when you submit your claim to the court.

Unfortunately you will have to take this long road.

After you send the LBA you will most likely recieve an offer of something much less than £2855, just reject it and keep to your timescales! They get 14 days after the LBA, not the 8 weeks they will write to you and tell you they hope to resolve your complaint in!

Don't be put off, its a long road but worth it!

• Haha 1

24 hours in a day... 24 in a case... co-incidence???

thanks hun they didnt send my statements just a spreadsheet with charges on but no interest on them so i wouldnt know what that was

ill send letter tomorrow with the copy of charges they sent me and ill send by recorded mail

thanks so much for ur help

amanda

ok i need some help

i am about to send off my second letter requesting that they pay back my money but am unsure what to put into this bit

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX .

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter

i only have a total amount of charges not interest

please help

amanda

ok i recieved a letter today from my bank woo hoo it had a list of charges they have made but no statements they actually took the time out to list everything and the total came to £2855.00 the gits

the letter said they have now sent my complaint to head office and they will deal with it so what do i do now wait to hear back or send another letter

please help

amanda

excellent Amanda, You're a week or so ahead of me so hopefuly I will received something from them next week.

keep going girl!!!

I guess thats up to you hun, you could write back to them and say that under the SAR you request they send you details of all activity on your account.

I notice that you did only ask for the charges when you requested the information but I'm sure if you can word a decent letter and tell them they have not supplied you with all the information you require and that they only have 40 days from the date you sent the original request they might send you the full statements.

Obviously it will slow you down a bit but then overall its a slow process anyway!

Your interest charges are likely to be around £300 at a guess so it could be worth addng them.

Another angle is to put in an estimated figure but that isnt what I'd personally advise!

24 hours in a day... 24 in a case... co-incidence???

hi steve, i managed to sort it thanks didnt understand what the rc and uc etc ment lol

also where do i sent the prelim letter to they said that barclays head office at churchill place is dealing but the letter ame from jackson house,

or should i send to both

amanda

hi can anyone tell me who i send the sendond letter requesting charges back to

i sent my SAR to my won branch recieved letter from jackson house and they say its gone to barclays head office at churchill place

so where do i send 2nd letter too

amanda

Use the Churchill Place Address from now on Amanda

Delboy

• Haha 1

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

£1000 on the 4th

DELBOY

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..