Longley v Nationwide

willowshimmer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right I phoned and confirmed with the court this morning that NW date was indeed up at 4pm yesterday. I sent an email to Catherine Price and copy to Stephen Price as these were the only email addresses I could find on here.

Here is what I wrote ( taken from another thread on here and jiggled about a bit)

I refer to my current claim against Nationwide Building Society who had until 4pm yesterday 20/06/07 to file a defence with Canterbury County Court.

I am mindful of the vast majority of claims with which you are currently dealing and in order to more speedily resolve this matter, I am willing to accept the sum of £1567.74.

I hope to hear from you by 27th June so that a reasonable conclusion to this claim might be achieved otherwise I will file a Judgement by Default.

I am sure that the courts would approve of our settling this matter in a timely manner and without their further intervention.

Hope it sounds ok?

Hello willowshimmer!

It makes NO difference to Nationwide if U offer to settle for LESS than U are Claiming for.

...They will STILL take it to the wire regardless!

If anything, it informs them that U are unsure of yourself + are getting panicky.

Did U want to give them even more encouragement than they've already got to mess U around further??

I envisage that by the 27th June, U will have heard from the Court that Nationwide will have Filed a Defence (...usually they say that they have 'Paid in Full'!).

Well a funny thing has happened...................

I received a credit report alert today from Experian. As advised via this forum we checked our credit report online and felt we would subscribe to keep a check on things.

Today I received an alert saying there was a change to my husbands report. When I logged on it said his unauthorised overdraft was cleared which I can only presume as we havent paid...............they have paid . So tomorrow we will be checking the balance of the account ( by going in) and fingers crossed it is all good :D

Will update tomorrow x

MTM

Would never settle for less than we are claiming....court bundle is ready to go! I do still believe in giving them a chance ...extra time etc due to levels of claims after all that would go in MY favour in court. I appreciate all your advice and have taken every word (except for the hair colour thing :rolleyes: ) very seriously and have learnt so much. Hey it aint over till the fat lady sings and that isnt me!!!!

I received a credit report alert today from Experian. As advised via this forum we checked our credit report online and felt we would subscribe to keep a check on things.

Today I received an alert saying there was a change to my husbands report. When I logged on it said his unauthorised overdraft was cleared which I can only presume as we havent paid...............they have paid .

There is more than ONE CRA...;)

...I do still believe in giving them a chance ...extra time etc
Injury time + (unlawful) Penalties too??!...lol...:D:p

Quicky update

and so the saga goes on..................................................:|

It seems as my husband had contacted NW debt dept about the U/A they have set up an 'arrangement' for payment as he said he would pay a small payment on 1st July (men eh??!!)

Secondly we recieved this email from Eversheds today

Dear Sir,

Regarding your claim, we at Eversheds have filed a defence at court on 21/06/2007 stating that our client Nationwide Building Society has denied your claim in the first instance. Our client is still investigating your claim and will update us shortly.

If you have further enquiries, please do not hesitate to ask me.

MTM you were right but they did it a day early!! I suppose I wait for the court to send me all the relevants now. Do I need to start preparing my court bundle do you think?

I am swotting up on doing the Allocation form etc at the moment.

It seems to be so unfair for the NW to draw this out with each claim when their intention in the main is to pay!

Any advice appreciated.

Jane

Quicky update

and so the saga goes on..................................................:|

It seems as my husband had contacted NW debt dept about the U/A they have set up an 'arrangement' for payment as he said he would pay a small payment on 1st July (men eh??!!)

Sorry meant to say this is why the credit score had been reduced.

WE WON !!!!!

Recieved allocation form from the court today and also letter from Nationwide saying they have refunded in full.

£1311.64 in charges

£120.00 court fee

£136.10 in interest.

We have arranged to go and get the money Saturday morning, overdraft is paid now and they didint close the account although we WILL be doing it ourselves! Good riddence I say.

I am so peed off that NW are allowed to drag out these claims and play the courts for fools. They never intend to go to court (of course we all have to presume we might be the one who will) and then pay at the last minute.

This site is just amazing, I have had such good advice especially from MTM. It can be a very daunting prospect taking a large corperation to court but the support from here is very empowering and I for one wasnt gonna let the buggers beat us.

Thank you guys, I am going to carry on coming in and trying to help others if I can.

(end of Oscar style speech! turns to walk away clutching her Nationwide letter of repayment)

Never saw a box saying blonde, deluded male on a grants application form b4
Oh haven't U??

I must be imagining it then?!

???...Perhaps I AM deluded after all???...:???:

...Like I MUST be imagining that in your last Post U stated that Nationwide have actually Credited your Flexaccount with everything that U have Claimed.

It ain't over JUST yet gal...;)

Welcome to 'Squeaky Bum Time'!...lol...:-D:p

Fantastic news, well done, good feeling eh?:D

Tristar

tristar;-) More than just an account number :mad: !!

NATIONWIDE ROUND ONE

Prelim sent 11 APR 2007

LBA sent 20 APR 2007

MCOL Acknowledged 22 May 2007

:lol: Full settlement £5343.20 received 15 June 2007:lol:

:lol:CapQuest; CCA requested 21st May 07, Not Supplied

19th July 2007, Account closed by Capquest no fuirther action.:lol: