Orange mobile phone contract + dodgy phone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I got a new phone on contract aprox 2-3 months ago its since been changed once for starting to reject the sim every few hours. Now the new one has started to do the same after about 3-4 weeks. I am obviously a little fed up with this and tbh want a different phone.

I haven't phoned Orange yet (just wanted to check I'm correct first) but can I rescind the contract and ask for a new (different) phone or simply if they won't play ball just rescind the contract and move to another provider?

any pointers appreciated

I couldn't say, but what I will say is that I had similar problems with my sim/phone with 2 months remaining of my contract years ago. I contacted them and asked for a replacement handset and they refused.

I wrote to them and told them that if they didn't replace my handset for free, considering I had been a customer of theirs for years I'd see the contract out, not use the phone during that period and begin a new contract with O2.

They basically replied saying they'd be happy to take my standard contract monthly fee for the last 2 months of my contract and refused to give me a new phone.

It wasn't until it came to contract renewal time that they offered me some brilliant deals to stay with them. However, as I told them at the time, they had their chance and I had began a contract with O2 instead. Been with them ever since.

That said, I expect they're better at dealing with that sort of thing now. Hope someone here can advise you and you get what you want.