Suing Halifax Details

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I suggest you go tothe FAQs and have a good read, dont do anything until you have read and understood everything you are about to do and WHY you are doing it.

All the letters you will need are in the library, the addresses you will needare posted as "stickys" at the top of the Halifax forum.

Butas I said dont do anything until you have read the FAQs, cos if you make a mistake the bank will be able to tell a mile off that you are unsure about what you are doing and will take advantageof that.

Hope this helps

Natalie

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Basically whats happened is that I was owed £157 from the bank and they agreed to refund that, that was over 2months ago and still no payment, now since then I have incurred another £210 worth of charges mainly cos they £157 wasnt paid in. So im going to phone them monday and basically tell them either this is all sorted over the phone monday or I will start money claim against them.

Am I doing it the right way? I sent the prelim but never sent the LBA cos they agreed to refund me the money, so should I send a LBA or start again with a prelim?

Cheers

Jazz.

This is why we advise to keep corrospondence by letter .There are many instants where people are promised things in phone calls that never happens.If you really do feel the need to ever make a phone call then we strongly advise recording it.I suggest you now send your LBA and stick by your time limits and do not stop anything until the money is actually sitting in your bank account.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

I would remind them by letter, stating the refence number of the one you mentioned above, giving 7 days for funds to be placed in your account otherwise you will proceed with legal action.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Keep us posted

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Quick update for you:

Dear Mr Davies

Thank you for your recent letter dated 5th June 2006. I sincerely apologise for the delay in processing your accepted refund of £157.00. I am pleased to inform you that I have now processed the refund and the it should be in your account today.

However, referring to the point in your recent letter (LBA), I am unable to refund any further charges you have incurred on your account after you signed the previous acceptance form dated 30th March 2006. This was clearly pointed out in Donna Goring's letter dated 28th March 2006.

Now is the last paragraph true or can I still claim against them? If I can I will start a money claim against them.

Now is the last paragraph true or can I still claim against them? If I can I will start a money claim against them.

What did you sign? How was it worded?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

And what did it say on the 'standard acceptance letter'?

What did you agree to by signing it?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Well it would be worth digging out your copy to see what you've signed and agreed to. If you don't know what you've signed then it would be difficult to give advice on where you stand.