Sainsbury's wont refund my incorrectly issued mobile top up card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a T-Mobile top up voucher from Sainsbury's on trying to top up my phone the voucher would not work. I contacted T-Mobile and after investigation i was informed i had been sold a voucher for the 3 Mobile network. I went back to Sainsbury will all my receipts to get a refund or exchange. Sainsbury said there is nothing they can do because the voucher is only valid for two days even though it clearly states 90 days! I should point out here that when i say voucher they actually come in form of a receipt and it is not immediately obvious what network the voucher is for you just assume you have been sold the correct one. Sainsbury are refusing to budge they do not want to accept responsibilty for thier mistake, what can i do? Where do i stand?

You are entitled to receive what you have paid for, in this case a voucher for the correct network. If Sainsburys have issued the wrong voucher that's their problem and not yours.

I would send copies of all the paperwork to Sainsbury's head office requesting a refund in full or the correct voucher. Give them 14 days to respond. If that doesn't work then follow it up with an LBA.