• Tweets

• Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
    • Hmm, that's strange how they got my email then.  I assume the below is ok to send to DCBL, Nicky?  Hello, I am writing regarding our ongoing dispute and the upcoming court claim reference xxxxxxxx. To ensure fairness and transparency in our communications leading up to the court hearing, I request that you use postal mail exclusively for all further correspondence related to this claim. Please refrain from sending any communication or documents via email. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact me via postal mail at the address provided above. Yours sincerely, xxxx
    • In the SAR, I received the original application, lots of computer print outs, yearly statements from 2013 and the new emails regarding my complaint. They sent me a £50 cheque after I chased them for the SAR after the 30 days. They said they was waiting for me to respond to an email (which I never received) before sending the SAR
    • classic P2G. I'm sure dianne and Lesley will pop an email to you at some point.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Balir Oliver & scott

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

It may be of interest to contributors that a search of public information which I have conducted today in respect of HBOS plc and Halifax plc has produced the following results:

COUNTY COURT JUDGMENT (CCJ) SEARCH FOR:

HBOS PLC

Total Number of CCJs in last 72 months = 32

Total Value of CCJs (GBP) in last 72 months = £47,296

Total Number of Unsatisfied CCJs in last 72 months = 30

Total Value of Unsatisfied CCJs (GBP) in last 72 months = £44,592

Total Number of Satisfied CCJs in last 72 months = 2

Total Value of Satisfied CCJs (GBP) in last 72 months = £2,704”.

COUNTY COURT JUDGMENT (CCJ) SEARCH FOR:

HALIFAX PLC

Total Number of CCJs in last 72 months = 363

Total Value of CCJs (GBP) in last 72 months = £758,597

Total Number of Unsatisfied CCJs in last 72 months = 346

Total Value of Unsatisfied CCJs (GBP) in last 72 months = £740,366

Total Number of Satisfied CCJs in last 72 months = 17

Total Value of Satisfied CCJs (GBP) in last 72 months = £18,231”.

I should add that I have not verified the above details on the with Registry Trust Ltd which I believe would produce an up-to-date listing of the Courts, the Case Numbers, the Dates of Judgments, the Amount and the dates of satisfaction - if applicable.

I understand that a Search of the CCJ Register with Registry Trust Ltd can be made on payment of £8 (previously £4.50) at the following LINK:

RTL Home

Hope this helps.

A Well Wisher.

I wonder how many of those CCJ's would have been made if the debtors had been aware that they were entitled to request proof of the ownership/enforceability of the credit agreements that they relate to?

Far too many people simply do not defend consumer credit CCJ applications or just admit the whole debt without any question or thought as to whether they are legally liable.

Mostly this is due to the fear of court proceedings or ignorance of their rights. Thank goodness for forums like this where people can learn that whereas they have an obligation to pay their debts, the creditor also has an obligation to comply with consumer legislation, and that a possible consequence for a creditor of not having complied could be that the debtor is legally absolved from any obligation to make further payments.

What frustrates and baffles me most is why such an important piece of consumer protection (the CCA) has for years been virtually inaccessible and impossible to understand for the average consumer!

All we have ever been privy to is a tiny section of text on most credit agreements that says something like ' The Consumer Credit Act 1974 lays down certain requirements for your protection which should have been complied with when this agreement was made.........etc'

What good is that without a clear explanation of what those rights are?

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

it is public record of outstanding CCJs that are LODGED AGAINST HBOS PLCC AND HALIFAX PLC.

A Well Wisher.

Crikey!! :eek:

That's much more interesting!

It would be so good if all of the judgement creditors decided to apply to the court for enforcement orders at the same time! A posse of bailiffs descending on their High Street branches would be a sight for sore eyes! :D

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Extremley interesting....Many thanks Richard foryou superb research and dedication to the cause, I find your posts extremely helpful and informative.

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

• Haha 1

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

Dear KogneeToh (Pam).

I have noted your comments and I agree with your sentiments. However, I apologise for not making it clear in my posting that the County Court Judgments with regard to HBOS plc and HALIFX plc are not a record of total unsatisfied CCJs which the above companies have against other parties, it is public record of outstanding CCJs that are LODGED AGAINST HBOS PLCC AND HALIFAX PLC.

I hope this helps to explain the situation.

You can see another of my postings for a further example.

THIS MAY BE OF INTEREST TO HSBC BANK PLC CUSTOMERS

HSBC & Metropolitan Debt Cllection - Advice needed please! - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

A Well Wisher.

Just as a little hint to anyone that may be having thoughts about this information.

One of the PRIME things that can result in a company/person being unfit to hold a consumer credit license is having a CCJ recorded against them.

I'm wondering what the OFT would think about a major bank having 346 unsatisfied CCJ's totalling £740,000 against them.

Very nice work Richard.

• Haha 1

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

I've got a judgment in default against HBOS but because my N1 claim was for refund of charges and default removal and they have paid the charges off the balance of my card I cannot go any further with it. I have written to HBOS and also to the court stating my POC are in 2 parts but no one wants to know. It makes a bit of a mockery about these companies having CCJ against them. I have telephone their legal services department who realises there is a CCJ against them but tells me they will have to look at my account to see how I managed my account and if it wasnt managed well they will not remove the default. Can I keep the CCJ on there if that is the case. Or will they just go for a set aside anyway and get it removed?

I should add that I have not verified the above details on the with Registry Trust Ltd which I believe would produce an up-to-date listing of the Courts, the Case Numbers, the Dates of Judgments, the Amount and the dates of satisfaction - if applicable.

I understand that a Search of the CCJ Register with Registry Trust Ltd can be made on payment of £8 (previously £4.50) at the following LINK:

I have actually done this recently in respect of one of my creditors (who shall remain nameless for the moment) with equally jaw-dropping results.

The report I received states the date, the claim number and the amount, foe each CCJ.

I’m in the process of obtaining one more report, which I hope will be equally damning.

Els

I have actually done this recently in respect of one of my creditors (who shall remain nameless for the moment) with equally jaw-dropping results.

The report I received states the date, the claim number and the amount, foe each CCJ.

I’m in the process of obtaining one more report, which I hope will be equally damning.

Els

please posts these

they are in the public domain

name and shame:D

please posts these

they are in the public domain

name and shame:D

If they were in the public domain, pford, you wouldn't need to ask me, you could just look for yourself.;)

As it is I paid £8 for the information, which I sought for a very specific reason in connection with a claim.

Suffice it to say that the information will ultimately be available to everybody, but if you want to know more, please send me a PM.

Els

I've got a judgment in default against HBOS but because my N1 claim was for refund of charges and default removal and they have paid the charges off the balance of my card I cannot go any further with it. I have written to HBOS and also to the court stating my POC are in 2 parts but no one wants to know. It makes a bit of a mockery about these companies having CCJ against them. I have telephone their legal services department who realises there is a CCJ against them but tells me they will have to look at my account to see how I managed my account and if it wasnt managed well they will not remove the default. Can I keep the CCJ on there if that is the case. Or will they just go for a set aside anyway and get it removed?

Hi

Did the judge include the removal of the default in his oral judgement and is it included in the final order? If so, you may need to seek an enforcement order from the court to get HBOS to remove it.

Regards, Pam

There was no oral order. It never went to court. They didnt send a defence just paid off the balance the day after I had sent the request for judgment, which I did get but on the default judgment from the court it didnt mention removal of my default just the payment of the charges.

There was no oral order. It never went to court. They didnt send a defence just paid off the balance the day after I had sent the request for judgment, which I did get but on the default judgment from the court it didnt mention removal of my default just the payment of the charges.

Hi

In that case I think you need to write to the judge and explain that removal of the default was also part of your claim and request that he amends the default judgement to include this.

Without a court order regarding this, the creditor will no doubt continue to 'thumb their nose' at you!

Regards, Pam

Hi Notty

Don't take no for an answer - if this is part of the claim and they have not complied then advise the judge. they'd be quick enough to chase if you did not comply with a CCJ.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Hi there

A very interesting thread and one that has personal interest to me too as I have dealings with Blair et al!!!! They have defaulted on a CCA for my BOS credit card and yet are still hassling me. The original loan agreement with Bank of Scotland does not say anywhere that they have my authority to refer it to debt collectors and I am disputing the fact that they have.

I also have a loan account with GE which has been sold to Link. The document is not signed by GE (only me!) and I was under the impression that this was improperly executed and couldnt be enforced. I am at a loss now as to whether it is enforceable or not. Can somebody please advise me.

Ta much

Gemspan

• 4 weeks later...

subscribing:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW