Halifax claim - what to expect?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

So far I have taken £918 from HSBC and £132 from Capital One. Today i got the statements through for two accounts with Halifax that amount to £2,100 between them. Tomorrow I will send off the 14 day LBA to Halifax asking for that amount, and I just wanted to know if anyone could tell me what to expect from them as a standard response.....like for exanple HSBC take a few weeks to get back to you then offer about 85% of what you're asking for. What do Halifax generally do?

Thanks,

Ant

They will pay you after sending a letter stating it will atke up to 8 weeks. Keep to your timescales to keep the pressure up. They'll try to beat you down. Stand your ground (I wish I had). Once you ahve signed the agreement and it's reaching the 14 days, phone them to remind them to pay you.

HOWEVER if you owe anything to them on credit cards or loans, they will take the money to pay that off - be warned. So if you do, insist on a cheque rather than a transfer into your bank account.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Guest ChloeJane

Hi Ant,

I have a theory on this in that their responses are rarely the same nor their management of claims.

My theory is that so it confuses people and does not form a pattern that people can identify with to make the claims process simple and easy to understand and to achieve the end result.

At the end of the day, the bank knows it has no defence and it is all about tactics and game plans to get you to doubt your claim (you won't as clearly you know its achievable), or to settle for a lesser amount.

I believe its about negotation part of the way and selling them the concept on what they will save if they do agree to settle in full including court costs at this stage.

So - a reply - for times - if your claim is for £2,000 plus....then in your LBA remind them if they settle now, they save 8% on that, plus court costs. Worth a try!

All the best..

CJ

I am also a little confused and have been hunting around so as not to keep asking 'where is .....' but I've failed, sorry.

I got my statements, sent off my letter, then got the 8 week letter last week, what now? I have read the templates but don't seem to relate to the 8 week later, sorry bit overwhelmed with all this legal stuff.

Any help would be appreaciated and apologies again

Hi Mollie,

If you have sent your Prelim Letter, then their standard response is the "8 week fobbing off letter" I had this. After your prelim 14 days is up, send the LBA (letter before action) letter, found in the templates menu on CAG Homepage. This gives them another 14 days to respond before you file court proceedings.

I have done this and had no response from them, so filed court proceedings yesterday with Money Claim Online.

If you need any more help let me know - got my own thread Scottiepoll v Halifax.

Absolute Star's all of you and your patience is remarkable as I know from reading this forum that the same questions are asked time and time again!!

As soon as I get my money back, a donation is on its way and may I suggest that everyone who benefits from the time and effort of people on here do the same as this site and the people on it are more than deserving.

Keep it going people.

:);)

I would ahve donated if Halifax hadn't taken my money to pay off a loan they can't provide a CCA for!

(sorry)

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I would ahve donated if Halifax hadn't taken my money to pay off a loan they can't provide a CCA for!

(sorry)

Tiglet, sorry the comment wasn't intended to make anyone feel pressurised or guilty in any way, it was just a thought that maybe I should have kept to myself!!

Might be in the same boat anyway, haven't got mine yet! lol :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info tiglet - this is very important because i do have a loan left with them which would totally swallow my two grand. How do i go about it? Write on the initial demand that only a cheque will do? It's so sly that they do that, surely it's against the terms of the loan!?