Sent CPR response and now had an offer

bbventovr6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I sent my cpr response to cobbetts 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back from them or the court yet? Have I missed something?

However I have received another offer from the bank which incidentally is less than their previous offer which they made days after I commenced court proceedings. What are they playing at?

Do I just carry on waiting now???

Cheers

Keep waiting bb, and whilst you're doing so - have a really good read through all the different threads on here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html as this should contain everything you need to know about where your claim is right now. Good luck, hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

You could always try ringing your local court to where your case has been transferred. Just ask them what the current status is and what you can expect next ?? The court office staff, although very busy are usually incredibly helpful and patient. I would give them a call and find out whats happening or whats the hold up (if any) ?? Best of luck, you will need lots of patience, the waiting seems never ending at times. Fendy xxxx

• 4 weeks later...

Spoke to the court yesterday and I was asked to keep patient as my file is with the district judge along with all the others awaiting a decision.

Another question.. The bank has previously made two different offers to me but stated that the money would be paid into my account. My account has since closed. How would it work if I accepted an offer now?

Well, if you haven't got an account with them anymore............. ask them to pay you by cheque!!! xxx :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

How much is the offer on the table compared to the amount of your claim???? :-?

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

In which case honey.................. you know the drill! Send one of these Rejecting Offers you want the full lot back - cheeky s*ds!!!! Are they having a laugh with you or what?? Blimey............. can't believe their front!!! xxx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 1 month later...

Getting a bit nervous now, I have phoned the court recently and been told to keep patient. Apparently the district judge has made a decision on all the bank charges cases but they are now trying to clear the backlog of paperwork to notify people of the outcome.

What's the probability that the judge has said no money for you son?!

Haven't heard a thing from the bank, court or bank's solicitor for ages

Thoughts appreciated

Cheers

Hi again mate, don't worry - the courts genuinely are backlogged with bank charges claimants. Which county court is it out of interest?

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Phew! At least you've not got Judge Cooke in Birmingham! Seriously, don't worry - you've done everthing right so far. Sit back and wait for the court to give you further directions, and post back here when you do. Easy for me to say I know - but it's better than worrying yourself until you hear from the court. Best of luck - xx :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Well I've had a letter from the court today but to be honest it just seems like i'm getting asked to provide the same details of my charges in every letter whoever it may be from. I have outlined these details right from the beginning and nothing has changed! Can anyone make any sense from this letter as I just feel I've waited 3 months for absolutely no progress.

court.jpg

That order is actually really good news for you (apart from the stay bit!) Basically, the judge has granted the draft order for directions that are recommended. There's absolutely no way whatsoever that cobbetts will comply with the above - they're not prepared to justify the charges.

He's also giving you and cobbetts the opportunity to settle this before the court date - and I'd say it's well worth contacting cobbetts to see if they're prepared to settle sooner rather than later. If they're not prepared to settle now, you need to comply with paragraph 2 (not a problem). But don't worry - it's really good news! x ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Also, it's worth having a look through this thread now http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/78216-aqs-stays-strike-out.html - it could be really useful in your 'negotiations' with cobbetts! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally got to speak to someone at Cobbetts.

I've been told that if I put it in writing to Cobbetts that I would like a full settlement before court action continues then they will put this to Natwest to make a decision...

...but now i'm wondering whether we have enough time as I need to comply with Paragraph 2 by the 28th July.

Maybe I should just comply with paragraph 2, what do you lot think?

Also could a mod please change the title of this thread to Bbventovr6 vs Natwest please?

OK then - do it this way. Send the negotiation letter to cobbetts asking them for full settlement prior to further action and attach, as directed by the court (put that bit in!) a copy of your schedule of charges showing each charge to which you're claiming repayment together with an explanation of the basis on which you're reclaiming the payment. That way, cobbetts get the letter - you comply with paragraph 2 - you send a copy of the letter/schedule/explanation to the court (covering letter - in compliance with.......... blah-di-blah)............. everyone's happy! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

How does this sound?

I am writing to you in compliance with the recent order served by Wellingborough County Court in connection to the charges applied to the above bank account.

I would like to state that I am of the opinion that they are unlawful and unfair. I believe that the charges are in no way proportionate to the banks costs.

As directed by the court I have attached a full schedule of the charges and interest with this document.

I would request that your client strongly considers payment in full before further court action.

Sounds good to me hun! With the last paragraph though, I'd be inclined to say "following on from our recent discussion when I contacted you to attempt settlement of my claim, I would like to request that your client considers settling this matter prior to court action taking place in order to reduce the burden on the court's limited public resources. Please contact me at the above address/number to discuss further." At least that way, you're showing that you've contacted them and tried to negotiate amicably! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 2 months later...

Right Natwest have not served their schedule in response to mine which should have been done by September 8th. I assume I am now entitled to enter judgement without further order.

Spoke to the court recently and they explained they have a backlog of paperwork to get through but I could enter judgement using the bottom half of one of the forms they have previously sent to me. I have checked through all the paperwork and cannot find anything like this. Should I draft up a letter or what else should I be doing?

Cheers

. I have checked through all the paperwork and cannot find anything like this. Should I draft up a letter or what else should I be doing?

The form they refer to will be N205A Notice Of Issue.

You can use the form here.

The requested resource (/HMCSCourtFinder/tiles/Her Majesty's Courts Service -Forms and Guidance) is not available

As you are now at this stage, i would not contact Cobbnitts or Nats anymore.

If you do, you will just be showing them your hand, and giving them the chance to defend.

Sit back and let the system work for you.

Good Luck

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.