God damn wheel clampers!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a resident in a block of apartments and have a parking permit. Last night my permit slipped down the dashboard and it was out of sight. I only found this out this morning because my car was clamped. The reason being that the permit was not visible. I had to pay £115 to release my car. Why the bloomin heck should I have to pay that when I have the legal right to park there. The clamping company or the parking enforcement officer should've had a list of regular users of the car park so that they did not clamp legal parkers. I have written a letter to appeal against this but does anyone have any advice if they turn the letter down?

You need to post details of the signs and state how prominent they are.

This dispute comes under civil contract.

I would doubt that they will refund your money as there income derives from clamping. Your only option is to issue a County Court Summons.

Before you do that you need advice on the contract you have with this company and the landlords of your apartment block.

Guest BenchPress007

I say this. After reclaiming some bank charges and still in the process of claiming one back, I got to thinking of how I could get my money back off other people who had given me penalty charges. Camden and Hackney council clapmed me three times. I was contraveneing their traffic guidelines at the time I was clamped. However, I phoned them and said the charges were extortionate. They tyold me there was nothing I could do, I filed a case in the small claims court, they didnt enter defence and I got all my money back. GET ALL YOUR CLAMP MONEY BACK NOW! whether you were contraveneing traffic guidelines or not. I even had a distress warrant come back because I hate Hackney council and the ingrates that work there so much that I pretended to be the bailiffs agency and they wired me the money twice. Who's the man?

If they wired you the money twice by mistake, and you have knowingly kept it, then I'm afraid that is theft, and not condoned on this site. It's a shame, I was cheering you on up until that bit... :rolleyes:

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

I will take them to court cuz it was my legal right to park there. I know they've got the letter now so all I can do is wait and then I'll keep the thread updated :rolleyes:

I filed a claim against NatWest wiothout informing them and for charges that hadnt even been applied yet, just communicated to me me that they would be over the next three months.

Well done. Enjoy it while it lasts, as you won't be able to keep claiming like this when you get added to the list of vexatious litigants.

There is a reason why you need to send an LBA and suchlike, it wasn't put in place just to annoy you. There are no shortcuts. It is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, after having received a rejection letter 10 days later than their deadline, the clamping compnay are refusing to refund me the money. I have now decided to write them a letter telling them that I am taking them to court and that they have 5 days to change their mind and give me the refund (bearing in mind that on their letter it states that they get back to you with regards to the complaint in 5 days so I think my deadline is also reasonable). Any advice?

Right, after having received a rejection letter 10 days later than their deadline, the clamping compnay are refusing to refund me the money. I have now decided to write them a letter telling them that I am taking them to court and that they have 5 days to change their mind and give me the refund (bearing in mind that on their letter it states that they get back to you with regards to the complaint in 5 days so I think my deadline is also reasonable). Any advice?

Personally I would give them longer (28 days). If this ends up in the County Court at all times it must be seen that you have been totally reasonable, and the Judge would look favourably on that.