Bensons Beds: Changing/ cancelling an order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

*deep breath*

I went into Benson's Bens in Debenhams and selected a bed frame £199 and a mattress £270.

I put down a deposit of £99, leaving £375 to pay.

I called up to pay the £100 for the frame and to cancel the mattress and was told that it was company policy not to do cancellations, and that I must have the mattress. I explained:

• I was not cancelling the order in total. I was still happy to pay for the frame.
  • I hadnt paid for the goods yet!
  • The items had not left the factory.
  • There were 13 beds in stock, so it was not like they made it specially for me.
  • No delivery or any other costs have yet been incurred by the company.

They still refuse to allow me to pay the balance on the bed frame and leave the mattress.

The shop manager and then customer service have both understood my point, and custoner services was very sympathetic and then re-quoted the company non- cancellations line. Why no flexibility?

Any tips on how I can proceed here? I just dont understand the inflexibility of blanketly refusing to cancel ANY goods- even BEFORE they have been delivered or even before they've been paid for.

If I dont pay the balance of course they keep my deposit!

Id laugh but I feel like crying. Im trapped here.

Can I add that although Customer services were perfectly polite, I wasnt allowed to speak to/ email a supervisor or the Area Manager or to anyone who actually makes decisions.

How can I accept a no from someone who had no power to yes in the first place?

Its a huge company and my custom is not even a drop in their ocean- it would make no difference to them to be flexible, especially as it hasnt cost them anything.

Its a human business, not a monolith, even banks negotiate one on one with customers, so why cant Bensons Beds? Delivery was due on May 4th, at this rate, I'll have no bed.

But they are guaranteeing that in this lifetime I am not going back to that store.

Is there a tired and teary and frustrated smilie? :-(

hi Admiral Cain,

i'm glad to see i'm not the only one with bed problems.

please see my thread "sleep on a bed of dreams", in this part of the forum.

these companies seem to have a law of their own.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!