Creation Financial Services - Want to know more ?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quicky...Was wondering as this thread was started a few years back, can late payment charges still be claimed back from this company?

I was looking through the threads because I got late payment charge from this company and it's only a few days over due and they are hassling me, I only own them £20 it's now increased the original amount I spent originally by two fold.

Appreciate answer :)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I was wondering the same as the above. Can charges still be claimed back from Creation Moneygrabbing Services??

I have an account with these and i cut it up my card a couple of years ago, i was at my limit of 400 and didnt want to spend on it anymore. I now have a balance outstanding of just over 1000!!! All in interest, charges, late fees etc. I've offered a figure of 600 in full and final settlement, but they have declined my offer. So wondered if it best to pay it off and claim back these charges. (I'm now in a better situation where i can pay off the full amount but feel very cheated by all these charges!) any advice please??

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have just got an account from Creation from DFS and my first to payments have been declared as late. I have contacted my back and the say both mandates have no date for collection of payments creation have tried to get 2 £30 charges but this is there mistake. They have sent a 3rd mandate so hopefully 3rd time lucky. The first lady on the phone demanded i paid the late fee but i wanted to check with my bank i was told if i hung up the phone without making a payment they would charge me another £30 is this a problem other people face when phoning creation being threatened for payment. This is there fault not mine the bank details are correct and there is money in the bank

hi danny i would not phone them put everything in writing ask your bank for proof and send it to creation ask them to drop the charges or you will have no choice but to go to the office of fair trading and the financel ombusdman

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm in a bit of a pickle with Creation.

I bought a car from CarCraft in 2008, at the time of sale the salesman 'encouraged' me to take out an extended warranty via a comapny called NAC for the same 4 year period as the car finance, supposedly covering any breakdown eventuality. The credit agreement I signed was for a company called All In One Finance and was totally separate to the car finance with it's own direct debit.

I tried twice to claim on this warranty when the car needed repair work. The first time, NAC fobbed it off stating wear and tear, even though the mechanic at the garage repairing the car said this was impossible (injector seals on a then 4.5 year old, 30,000 mile diesel Fiesta). The second time (cracked inlet manifold) they asked for all the service documents. They then gleefully wrote back stating that one of the garages I'd used for servicing was not VAT registered and that I'd done too many miles between service intervals. They continued to state that I'd therefore breached the terms of the contract and because of this no claim would be honoured at that time or any time in the future. Fair enough I thought, it's my own fault for not reading the small print thoroughly. I then contacted CarCraft to say I'd be cancelling the direct debit agreement, as they'd declared the warranty null and void. That's when the problems began.

CarCraft referred me to NAC, who said I couldn't cancel. The reason being that the whole cost of the warranty had been underwritten by Creation and it was actually them I owed money to. The lady I spoke to said I had entered into an agreement and I couldn't simply stop paying because I had rendered the contract void through my own actions. She used the analogy that I couldn't simply stop paying for my car because I had broken it. I argued that I was not in physical posession of anything belonging to NAC or Creation.

I understand and accept that Creation may have parted with money initially, to 'buy' the debt from NAC, but remember the contract I signed was with All In One Finance. I did a bit of digging on the net and found that NAC are actually owned by CarCraft (as are WeBuyAnyCar, incidentally), is this also the case with Creation? I am confused as to what I should now do. How can I legally or morally be obliged to continue paying money to a company when they have stated in writing that they will never repair my car? I am not in posession of any of their property and they are not providing me with a service. In effect, since the date of their letter they want money for nothing.

I have contacted the Financial Ombudsman who said they are powerless, as neither CarCraft, NAC, All In One or Creation are regualted by the FSA. I am now getting letters on a weekly basis from Creation telling me that I have no choice but to pay them.

Help?

• 1 month later...

Hi

Pls could i get some advice.

Creation have contacted me today re: a debt they claim is owed. I bought some leather sofa's from Land of Leather in 27th December 2007 and was due to make a payment in full prior 27th December 2008 to so that I would not be liable to any interest charges.

I posted a cheque payment for the full amount on the 15th December 2008 but for some reason it did not reach creation,- so they say until 28th December, and they cashed the cheque the same day. I can not prove it arrived on time, but neither can they prove it didn't.

They have taken 10 payments of 41.49 from my bank account, so in totoal i have paid 1179.00 for a £599.00 suite, and still have arrears for over £400. I have explain many times what has happened but they continue to pester me .The person on the phone said they had sent me a letter to say that they had reciived payment, but in was only in part because it was late- but i had not received this .

Could someone please provide me some advice? I have been contesting this for over 18 months and nowI was told over the phone that it had now been passed to a debt collecting agency.

Hi Lynda I would get all the proof u can that you posted the check on time I would also ring office of fair trading and ask them for help another company tried this with me and I could have explained ten times in the one day and was getting no where I made a complaint to oft and all was dropped in two weeks there is no way I would be paying for something that was not my fault if u have direct debt set up cancel it and. Write to them telling them contact by letter only

• 8 months later...

Please please can someone help us.My colleague did a fast track payment to Creation finance for her television - the full payment.However the fast track payment took 5 days and she has been charged 2 monthly amounts of £28. She has rang them and they have said because the payment was late they will continue taking £28 per month out of her account totalling over £300.She has gone to the bank now but is in tears about this.Please can someone advise usAmanda

dear ama has she got proof of sending the money if so write to them and tell them she is not paying the money also send them a photocopy of the proof and cancel the direct debit or the card they are taking it off also tell them she will report them to the fos i had bother with log book loans and they sorted it out all outstanding charges were dropped do not phone them put all in writing

Hi Iam trying to locate an e-mail address for a company that works on behalf of creation. The are called west midlands debt ltd. My wife is being hassled about a debt of around 7 years agao. Ideally I could do with an e-mail address as I refuse to even spend the price of postage on these people. Any help would be great as they are threatening her with door step collections of which they have no right.

thanks

Julie

Dear All

I have had several people help me on CAG's forums and I thought it time to give a little something back ;-)

I am an ex-employee of Creation Financial Services, well, technically, I am an ex-employee of the 3rd party company that Creation outsource ALL of their operational processes to - legal, call centre, customer service, correspondence, card production, statement production, history and transaction retrieval, projects, fraud. The lot !

I would be happy to share any information with you that you so require or answer any questions you may have. I worked for them for a good few years.

In my personal opinion, they had to be the worst employer I have ever worked for but that aside, (as it is technically irrelevant,) I am surprised that this company can continue to trade. The entire organsiation is a shambles and the FSA would have a FIELD day should it choose to audit it's compliance.

I hope I can help. Let me know.

Best regards

hi jules is the debt more than 6years old since either last payment or last contact if it is it is stuate barred and is uncollectable it is against the law to collect on it if not i would write to them and ask for the cca enclose £1 postal order this puts the debt into dispute and unless they come up with cca they cannot collect on it they have 12+2 working days to do this letter for this is in the libraray lettern

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am doing a study on the retail financing sector in UK. Since you have worked in Creation Financial Services/ Laser UK who are the market leaders in retail financing with store cards and store instalment credit provision, could you please give me your view as to what makes them the market leaders? Also what do you think are the strengths and weaknesses of this company?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello magictorch. I have an issue with Creation Finance and I'm unable to get a constructive reply from them. I applied for credit to buy some furniture from a well known furniture store. The store sent my details to C.F. via an e-mail and back came a refusal of credit. My credit rating is 100% I always pay my cards off in full each month, own my own mortgage free bungalow, and have a very generous company pension, so I don't understand why they refused me credit.

They will not respond with any meaningful correspondence, just a standard letter which tells me nothing.

What are they playing at?????

Any info would be very helpful......many thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

So angry - Purchased some clothes in M&Co 12July while away in St Neots. Always turn the store cards down but this time as I spent £120 in there thought the 15% discount would be good. Statement for purchase sent out next day while we were still away. Next get phone call from Creation Financial Services on 9Aug to say defaulted on payment were adding £12. Argued that only purchased products less than month ago was it normal to send statement day after purchase, kept saying I had 21 days from statement date to pay and should have paid. Ended up paying £12 and balance and said wanted to close account which said I would have to phone up and do in a couple of days. Today I have received a statement Thanking me for my payment and adding £4.26 interest. Rang customer services and after half an hour of arguing was told that it was infact an error on their part and would refund the 12 but could not refund the £4.26 interest. Again spent more time arguing then she asked if i still wanted to close my account. I said did not want to (lie) but would do if did not get my interest back. She refunded my interest and tomorrow I will ring and close the account. AVOID!! Had I not persisted with another phone call today would have been £16 out of pocke. How many other people have just paid because they were told they had to. Can't understand why I had to argue so much to get my point across. Hasn't done my blood pressure much good though.

39+ jjb sports was one of the stores and i'm going to try to sort out a PPI refund from them due to the amounts of protection running on mine was massive and it was lucky that I had crittical illness cover when I had my heart attack and got a good payout from my private insurers to give me enough money to get the **** off my back along with others who I am about to try to get PPI refunds from grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by burlyb

Hi there,i have a USC creation store card that had a credit limit of 600 and they are now trying to get 1500 from me fro latemcharges etc. i am in a debt management plan and they have advised me that i should cancel the ppi i that i didnt even know that was on my account!! so i am about to cancel that but i would like to know how to claim back the ppi myself, they will charge 25% and think it could be as much as £3000 i am owe, so if thats right i dont really want o be paying them £750 if i can do it myself but i don't have a clue how to go about reclaiming it. can someone please give me an idiots guide on how to go about doing this please they are not the most helpful of people do deal with (no offence to the ex employees its what you were told to do) as my previous experiences have been scaremongering to the point of tears when they tell me they are going to take me to court. thanks sarah

Hi there, Creation have just put up my partners payments without notifying her and now claim that the account is overdue. She has been off sick with depression for six months and is now on half pay from work and cannot afford to pay the originally agreed sum of £20.00. Creation were less than helpful. My idea is this. Get all accounts from creation and make a claim for ppi if it has been added. Is there a template letter or any other methods that I could use. I tried to look and see if they were a member of the credit services association and then report them but they don't seem to be a member of any reputable body. any help would be appreciated. Many thanks, Dave.

How do I shut Creation Finance Up??

My husband has a store card with them and owes £5.50 on it - he is at the moment working away in Dubai but before he left he sent off an SAR letter plus the £10 fee as he is convinced they owe him money for overcharging and i tend to agree on this. He also emailed them to request that they do not phone him as he is away, and therefore cannot speak to them! (this was about 2 weeks ago)

He got a reply from the email saying he had the account number wrong and what is his name??? This is on the email lol, and so is the correct account number!!

I get about 3/4 phone calls from them every day (automated things saying if i am not Mr. Blah Blah do not attempt to try to be him!!)

(oh gosh have just had another call - number 32 today lol)

What do you suggest he does - he has again emailed to say that this is now bordering on harassement and they are to stop this and to contact him in writing/email should there be a problem.

Please someone tell me what to do as i cant shout at a recorded voice any longer lol

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Ok so I sent off the SAR request letter on 11 August and since then have heard not a word out of Creation Financial, only getting statements showing a £12.00 default charge on my account for an amount "owing" of £5.50. According to my records they owe me £9.16

What is the next step to take seeing as they have now ignored my request for this SAR whcih enclosed a £10 postal order as well.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all - help needed again please.

I eventually got paperwork back from Creation. Copies of my account - which was opened on 14/6/03. They sent me a copy of the credit agreement which is so badly copied i cant read it and another copy of my agreement, which on the front states "applicable to accounts opened on or after 31st May 2005" - ermmm this was before i opened mine.

The limit on this account if i recall was £300.

They have sent me statements from 2 August 03 to 3 october 2011. Seems the first ones are missing

What I dont understand is the fact that all the statements sent to me show no usage on my part except me paying in and late payment charges, overlimit charges, service charge, interest for purchase and promotional interest.

I cannot remember when I last used this account, and if i did surely it would show up as purchases on my statements?

What can I claim back, if anything as it is now 2011 and I have paid in far more than i ever spent

gosh I am confused

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!!

Just wanted abit of advice if anyone can help??

I bought a bed from Dreams with a year to pay it back interest free. After that it went onto finance at 29.8% interest with creation finance. I have a fixed sum contract which states that over 3 years I would pay back £950 interest, the same amount as the bed!!! Anyway I have made 3 instalments of £56 and phoned them today to get a settlement quote as now have a £1000 in savings and want to clear the balance. Can't believe it but it turns out im being charged half the interest in effectively the first year. The reason, they tell me, Is because the interest is charged on an accrument basis. They originally told me it was calculated daily. I can't believe that I'm being charged half' the 3 year contract' interest in the first 3 months.

Does anyone know if this is correct??

I'm normally pretty savvy with stuff like this and I've read the small print but it doesn't make sense to me:(

Any help would be very much appreciated:)

Tasha Miller

• 3 weeks later...

I sent Creation a recorded letter on 15th of sept and had no reply so i contactied them by phone on the 15th of Nov and was advised to email a copy of my original letter 'did that the same day' NO reply what-so-ever so i called them again this afternoon only to be told....sorry you are not on our system....funny that due to the bloke found me no probs at all on it on the 15th. I am now going to try one more time and am includding an SAR plus yet another copy of the original letter and also one warning them that the FSA will be sent a letter of complaint this time next week if i have not heard anything from them...............grr

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks