style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please,please,please can anyone tell me what will happen next. I'm getting very worried and scared now. What makes it worse is its half term and my kids will be at home.

Someone told me that they have to make allowances for single parent families. Is this true?

Do not allow them in your house under any circumstances, ask how much is left to pay to the council and then as for a full breakdown of their charges before you are prepared to pay them.

How many visits have they made and how many letters?

As a single parent they do have to make allowances and also if you are on benefits there is a minimum of £3.00 a week they can take.

SFx

This is shocking, montrose.

I know very little about bailiffs (the proper ones, not DCA's), but this cannot be lawful?

Anyone?

"Weasel (n): any person or group that operates in that vast grey area between good ethical behaviour and the sort of activities that might send you to jail".

go to the council tax people instead of ringing.The bailiffs work for them so they can put a stop to them coming for money.Be firm with them or go to a solicitor you should get half an hours free advice

I had one letter put through the door. The other letter he gave to me personally as I was leaving my house. That is all. All other contact was over the phone.

I have now emailed my local MP. Don't know if this will do any good but it's worth ago I suppose.

I'm supposed to ring the bailiff back today. Don't know what to do.

another thought go to the local police station they should know if it is legal or not

I would sincerely doubt that. Most police are less clued up about bailiff/DCA law than the debtors themselves, and can often unwittingly aid in illegal/unlawful activities as a result. There are several instances of this on this forum alone.

Everything you need to know about bailiffs and debt collectors is searchable in this forum.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)