No reimbursement when cancelling car ins.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am shortly to be replacing my car and will require to cancel the existing insurance policy and commence a new one. The broker has explained that because my current policy has less than 6 months (5 and a half months, in fact) to run that I will not receive any reimbursement with regard to the outstanding period. Had I cancelled with greater than 6 months left I would have received a 30% refund.

To me this sounds pretty implausible. Can anyone confirm as to whether this sound standard practice? Thanks for any advice.

Most insurers won't give a refund after 8 months of the policy has gone. Is there any reason why you can't change the details of the car on the policy instead of cancelling it?

Something else to factor in is that if you cancel mid term then you lose any no claims for that year. The broker is giving you this info, but have you considered contacting the company who actually insure you to ask them? It could be that the broker is giving you duff info.

The cancellation terms should be clearly listed within the policy documents if you mistrust your broker.

If you cannot find them (assuming you use a local broker) visit their office and make them point out the cancellation terms in the documents.

Cahoot - Rejection of offer sent 14/06/07

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22/03/07