Andy's sis vs Barclaycard in Scottish courts

Andy Mc1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've been trying to assist my sister in her claim against Barclaycard, which is due to be heard in Glasgow & Strathkelvin sheriff court tomorrow.

Barclaycard have made a payment of the difference between the OFT 'guide' price of £12 and the actual charges that have been imposed. My sister didn't accept but Barclaycard put it into her account anyway. She is pursuing Barclaycard for the remainder.

My sister does not have a computer, and so is unable to participate in these forums.

Does anyone have experience of suing Barclaycard through the Scottish courts? Are Barclaycard likely to settle at the 11th hour? Or will this be the one case where Barclaycard actually defend?

Andy Mc1

Hi,

Just heard from my sister - Barclaycard failed to show up at the Glasgow Sheriff court today. The judge has issued a decree in my sister's favour. Apparently, if Barclaycard fail to respond my sister will have to apply to the court once more to have the decree enforced - but Barclaycard can still defend the action at that time - is this right? Barclaycard surely are `vexatious litigants' in this instance (they failed to show up) so should have no right to have a second shot at defending their position? Or is this one of the differences in Scots law compared to English law?