£'s into $'s

lilynz

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Wow, this site is great! I was about to send off my claim, minus my monthly 'Total Charges'! Until I read all the FAQ's. So thanks everyone, as my Total Charges have nearly doubled my claim to £3,210.

It's even more valuable to me, as I now live in New Zealand and it works out at just under $9,000, which is a vast amount of cash here! I'm almost hoping I'll get to add the 8% interest, as it will bump the amout up to nearly $12,000 OMG!!!!

One question that I do have is... I have a managed HSBC loan (converted from old overdraft) that I'm paying off £100 monthly in the UK, and I am a bit scared that if HSBC pay up on my claim, they will whip some of my money away to pay off my loan. Should I be worried?

Anyway, strangely enough, I've ended up with a HSBC NZ account and mortgage over here. I've even had the NZ CEO call me personally to see if he can help with anything! This is because I originally sent my statement request to the UK CEO to pass on for me (long story)!!!! And they got talking about me! Weird and slightly intimidating I thought. But he was so nice and i have his personal number to call if I need any help with my dealings with the UK HSBC.

Of course, I'm still crap with my money here, and get the odd $25 charge. Now, I'm claiming them back, saying they are unfair, and I get no argument from the banks, they credit me back straight away. I suspect they are trying to keep it quiet as they won't want huge claims. Not sure what the law is here, but there are no big noises about this in NZ. I am trying to get the kiwi's I know to start claiming stuff back though.

Anyway, my first post, and just want to say thanks to all who contribute and answer our sometimes silly questions. I am still finding my way round the site, so I am probably missing answers sometimes, so I apologise in advance if I ask a question that has been asked 863 times before!!!!!

Thanks guys!

Lil :)