GE Money trying to get statements!!

brownie24
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is easier said than done!

Initially following on from a telephone request I received statements from my Fraser Card account from Oct 2001 - Dec 2002 (when account was closed). On checking my credit file I realised the account was opened in March 2001 so I gave them a call back and requested the missing statements be sent. I spoke to a guy called vince who said that because the statments were more than five years old they no longer had those copy statement available but that he would send me a letter detailing all of the missing info - purchases and charges. I should have received this within 14 days.

But nothing was ever received. So I gave them a call back today and have now been informed that they only keep 2 years worth of statements! Well if this is the case then why were they able to go back to 2001 only just a couple of months ago!!!...... i think someones trying to fob me off here!! :-x

Well the chap was adamant that they no longer had this info available. So i think I will just have to put in a formal SAR and see where that gets me.

How far back have people been able to get GE money statements?

Brownie24:)

Formal SAR is the only way to do it but GE Money seem to be particularly bad at providing info. Almost everyone seems to have statements missing but tey do seem to get them for at least 5 years back.

In our case, the account was only opened in 2002 but we got statement sfrom the OK. As in your case, the claim wa started after the account had been closed for a year or more.

Steven

Hi there,

I recently had GE ( re my fraser card) NOT send any statements but a letter saying here are 4 charges from last year, totalling £60!!

Now I sure as hell know thats not right!!

And.......in addition, I would like the statements to see for myself from the last 6 years thank you!!

Bloomin cheek isnt it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!:mad:

I have a very interesting thread going on regarding the outrageous behaviour of GE capital/money, & aim to take them to the cleaners!

Hi electriclemon

I will have a look at your thread as I too hope to take them to the cleaners!! Damn cheeck of them! Just hope I am actually able to get hold of all my statements so that I can make sure I reclaim all of the charges.....not letting them off so easily!

Looks like me and you have a few mutual claims as I seem to remember browsing your capital one post and getting some most valuable advise with the CCI headache! but every little bit counts:)

Brownie24

Well, well, well!

I remember you Brownie!!

What a headache that darn CCI spready for Capital one was!!!!! Ha! Ha!

Just getting ready to send off the LBA.

Anyway, we do have a couple of claims in common dont we - very interesting!! Nice to have a claim-buddy!!! Tee Hee!

I am just waiting for poor ultra-busy Laiste to advise re an appropriate letter to send to ghastly GE regarding their obnoxious behaviour at not sending on my statements.

I am so mad that despite a very comprehensive letter or 2 sent a long time ago that they have the nerve/cheek to think that they can fob me off with this trash!

I shall ensure I look out for you now!

best

Electric lemony:D

Hi Electric Lemony

Just had a quick flick through your GE post.......poor you you seem to be having a terrible time with the cheeky beggers, hope all goes well and the CCJ is not registered.

As they have not fulfilled the SAR request fully you will now be able to put in a formal complaint won't you?

I think I too will also be set to receive the same fob off ish info that you received as when I initially requested missing statements over the phone some guy told me that they did not have the actual statements but that they would put a letter together detailing all the charges etc.....

Seeing as though they have not provided you with the SAR info could you maybe not just base your claim on an estimate of what you think the charges would be, i'm sure I've seen a post somewhere that was based on an estimate due to them not complying and furnishing you with the accurate info. At the end of the day you have taken all reasonable measures to get this info but as they have not been forthcoming surely you have no alternative than to put together a reasonable estimate of charges?

I think I may do this if they are not forthcoming. As I do have some of my statements - on which I appear to be charged a late payment fee every month therefore if they do not provide me with my missing statements I will simply include a late payment fee for all the missing months in my claim.:)

Anyways off to update my capital one thread now....my boyf's prelim letter went off over a week ago and I now I have to finalise my spreadsheet including CCI so I can get my prelim letter off:D

Catch up soon claim buddy

Do you have the telephone number for me to ring them, only because I sent off the SAR they replied saying that they are bogged down with this kind of request, and they would contact me asap, but nothing has come.

I sent them another letter giving them 7 days, and it has been 2 weeks now.

I want to ring them and see what is happening.

Thanks

Hi Michaela

The numbers I have for GE money are - 0870 1242413 or 0113 2807080.

You will eventually get put through to a customer advisor, but if I remember correctly it took me a while to do so and I think I just had to input the wrong number so it overrode the system and put me through to someone rather than a machine!!

Good luck.