Urgent help needed - Claim transferred to another court

multi_media
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help!

I am in the final stages of the claim process. Apparently the local County Court has made an order of its own initiative without a hearing. My claim is now being transferred to the Mercantile Court.

What does this mean?

Thanks

MM

Actually, after having a quick look through, I'm baffled!

The HM Courts website states that:

The London Mercantile Court deals with business disputes, both national and international. It is designed to deal with claims of lesser value and complexity than the Commercial Court.

The Mercantile Court also sits at the following locations:

Birmingham

Bristol

Cardiff

Chester

Leeds

Liverpool and Manchester

Thanks.

My main query concerns what will I need to do.

If I get to the hearing - what will I need to bring (aside from the bundle)?

Does this mean that the claim will be resolved more quickly?

have you sent dg a copy of your breakdown? if so, start the nudging letters - one letter every 10 days until they offer. - see post 1 of these two threads for ideas - When you have filed your AQ................

New---after 28 Days - Maybe No Aq!!!!!!!

don't know if this may help:clear.gifMercantile Court cases and Stays pending a test case (1 Viewing)

Well I only got the Notice of Transer to local court a couple of days ago so I sent my first nudge letter this morning. I will continue to do this every 10 days or so, as others have done.

Which template did you use?

Sorry for the billion questions. :confused:

As helpful as ever Lateralus. :)

Should I send a nudging letter to DG, even though the case is going to be referred to the Mercantile Court?

MM, it makes no difference which court your case has been moved to, your aim is to get an offer and it is DG that will make you an offer before any court hearing.

Do as lat says and send dg a nudge letter every 10 days with a schedule of charges.

You will get your money!:)

I sent:

DG Solicitors

12 Calthorpe Road

Edgbaston

Birmingham

B15 1QZ

??th May 2007

Re: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - v - HSBC

account no: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

claim no: xxxxxxx,

It has come to my attention that the filing of an allocated questionnaire is not required in this case.

I am aware that you have a vast number of claims with which you are currently dealing with, and in order to resolve this matter more quickly, I am willing to accept the sum of £?????? in full and final settlement. Please note that I do not agree to waive my rights in respect of any other actions, nor do I agree to a clause of confidentiality.

I hope to hear from you very soon so that a reasonable conclusion to this claim might be achieved. I am sure that the courts would approve of our settling this matter in a timely manner and without their further intervention.

I have again enclosed a copy of the schedule of charges. This schedule also shows the total of my claim to date, being the original claim amount (£xxxx), the daily interest total to date (xxxx) and the court fee (£xxxx).

No nned to send one to the courts, just make sure you have a copy youself so you can use it in your court bundle!:)

Oh, and don,t forget to attach another schedule of charges:D

Excellent.

And yes - a nice 'n' neat spreadsheet is also attached!