barclays 50% offer

iman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6621 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wrote 7 day letter on 20/02. I received letter today saying that they disagree with my analysis however on this occassion as gesture of goodwill will refund half of the amount. It seems over last 6 yrs i was charged £840 but barclays offerring me £420. I have to sign to say that i accept the £420 as full and final settlement.

I obvioulsy will be seeking full amount. does anyone have a template letter for me to use as a response to this 50% offer.

I also want to add that i havent got statements from the bank so relied on them to give me total amount charged. I was quiet surprised with that figure as i thought it would be much more. I have last 2 yrs statements (4 months missing) and on those statements alone i calculated £615.

So a i right to think they would have added the charges correctly?

Send a DPA request and get all the statements, well worth the £10 that you may or may not be charged.

Sample DPA request in library.

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

The template letter is in the library - which you would know if you had familiarised yourself with the forum!

Interesting that they were prepared to provide you with a breakdown of charges in this way - and certainly it will be interesting when you get all of the statements to see if they are right about the figure or whether they have sought to deceive you.

i have familliarised myself with the forum otherwise i would not have been able to send the first letter.

I have been back to the library and i cannot see the template letter you are refferring to. I wanted one specifically that responds to the 50% offer.

Well we don't carry templates as specific as that.

Send the DPA request letter but start it off thanking them for their offer of 50% but you are not prepared to accept their attached conditions - therefore, DPA request.

• 13 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6621 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks