• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Laddie18 Vs not IF but when.....***won***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just received my bank charges through the post today. Just to let everyone know, i rang IF on the standard number and asked for the information over the phone - they duly sent it within 2 weeks and with no charge... very nice of them!:)

The charges come to £2859. i think i am in correct in saying that i now send the prelimary letter by recorded / registered post?

Does anyone fancy holding my hand thru this so that i do not get things wrong? Would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

John

hi

i too am chasing IF and i have been using the following address

Intelligent Finance

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

they have just received my LBA yesterday so the next stage for me is to go to court.

good luck

andromeda411:)

• 2 weeks later...

the post office seem to be losing lots of things these days. i lost a couple of recorded letter so i have started paying the extra and sending special delivery. have you checked the post office website for track and trace as this is not updated sometimes. i would get in touch with IF and double check.

maybe the banks are now working in collusion with the post office to accidentally lose the items????

regards

andromeda411

Just read through the letter that they have sent me.

The letter is dated 14th May.

It starts by thanking me for my letter dated 02.05.07....

Then on the next page titled OUR PROMISE TO YOU...

It states that they will try to resolve the matter within 48 hours of recieving the complanit, if they are unable to do so, they will acknowledge within 5 days with a letter...

I wonder how it has taken them 12 days???

Very quiet in here........

LBA just been sent today as 14 days are up.

Lets hope the Post Office can deliver this one without any problems!

Anyone else at the same stage as me? could do with a buddy!

Thanks

John

Does anyone have any Terms and conditions hidden away in a draw from 2001?

Reading the Lloyds case this may or may not be important for the court bundle (which hopefully we will not need!)

HI, I am helping my son with his claims against IF (one on current account and the other for the credit card) he is getting ready to file these claimss with the court so I think that we are at about the same stage as you. I will ask my son if he has a copy of these terms and conditions as we will also need them. I cannot contact him until Monday though, I will let you know if he has these and if so I will send a copy to you.

If not then we are in the same boat as you and would like to get a copy if anyone else does have one.

Good luck:)

Hi.

I have been an IF customer for about a year and have an overdraught allowance of £100 on my current account that seems normal for their customers. I unintentionally overspent and it went to £105 for one day. They sent me a letter telling me they are charging me £28 for going over the agreed limit.

I know it's nothing like the charges detailed on this thread, but can I do anything about that? I am afraid to complain in case they close my account, but as soon as I realised I gone over (checking my balance at an ATM the day after it happened) I immediately paid cash to the nearest Halifax branch - it was over the limit for less than a full 24 hours, yet they still sent me a letter dated after I had funded the account.

They did nothing - no bounced cheques, or returned direct debits, just sent me one letter after the account was back in credit (I made a deposit that also covered the agreed overdraught) and charged me £28. Are they not allowed only to charge the real costs to them?

Regards,

Peter

Hi

Sorry to jump on the band wagon here!!

I read your post and rang IF direct on the normal number (like you say) and they said they would post out the details, no charge!

She did say it may take up to 40 days but it will normaly arrive withing 14, so I will watch this space.

Not sure if they are sending me statements or a list of charges but we will see.

Good Luck with yours

:o

Hi Moon,

Everyone welcome here, it gets a bit lonely in the Intelligent Finance section sometimes.

I got my list of charges, not statements, sent through FOC. i have used these as the basis of my claim.

Thanks

John

Just spoke to Morag in customer relations 0845 605 0625 who has confirmed receipt of my LBA.

She told me that they now have 4 weeks to investigate the claim and a further 4 weeks to sort out what they are going to do about it. i told her that as it was me calling the shots, they would hear something from me when the 14 days were up as per the LBA.

John (getting nervous now!!!!)

• 2 weeks later...

hi laddie,

if is anything like my resolution letter they will be offering you 50% of what you have claimed. use IF messaging on their site to reject it and send letter aswell and they will cave in like they did with me.

regards and good luck

hey,

yep in the contact us section of the if website. i copied and pasted my rejection letter in to the message area and sent that. you also get a reply saying it has been delivered. then i went to post office and sent letter.

it took them about 3-4 days.

regards

craig

hi laddie,

if is anything like my resolution letter they will be offering you 50% of what you have claimed. use IF messaging on their site to reject it and send letter aswell and they will cave in like they did with me.

regards and good luck

Yes ours was offering 50% as well, have sent rejection letter:razz:

How did you reply in Rejection letter.

My timescale is up on LBA and i was going to file on Friday as i finish work early.

I want to accept the offer as a part settlement

John

Sorry should have said, they did offer 50% same as Andromeda & Babynan.

I have sent rejection letter by email and will send recorded delivery in the morning.

As my LBA time was up and i should have sent the court claim in, i have given them another 7 days to respond to my rejection letter. I just hope i have done the right thing. £1400 + is an awful lot of money....