BT Click and Buy - Betfair

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there,

A friend of mine had a BT Click and Buy account that was used to fund his betfair account. Now initially it had a limit of £20 per month as it was unverified but after he faxed some documents to BT they upgraded the account to verified and seemingly opened the floodgates on the amount he could use.

Consequently an amount of £3370 is now owed to BT Click and Buy.

The company to my knowledge are not credit brokers. This £3370 was taken on account to be settled by direct debit after 14 days and we do not believe any credit check was done.

My mate cannot pay this at the moment and BT are threatening to transfer the debt to a debt collection agency.

If no credit agreement has been signed is it possible to get the amount written off and how would he go about this?

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

No it was by direct debit. I understand the payments were credited to betfair to be settled later (14 days). It just seems reckless to me that one day you have a credit limit of £20 and the next its thousands.

Obviously he is willing to settle the debt but it will not happen overnight. He wondered where he stood legally.

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.