RBS bank charge refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi just wondered......... have over the years had loads of bank charges as a result kept bumping my loans up then owed the bank shed loads .........definately as majority charges!! so now got a ccj from bank they've shut my accounts and im now doing debt managemant scheme to ckear up what i owe ( unfortunately same with credit cards ) i know bank ust owe me about 10 k over the past years but becuse theyve already shut my account does anyone thinks i can still claim my statements etc? or have i lost already? .........thanks

Makes no difference whether your accounts are currently open or were closed years ago. If the charges have resulted in you getting a CCJ then you want to go about getting that reversed (although I don't quite know how that is done) and get some damages.

P.

• Haha 1

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

and don't forget CCI

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

thanks so much!

my claim will be with rbs - does anyone know if i have to ask for 6 years statements max? thinks theyve been having a laugh for 7 you see!

also, do i write to the branch where the accounts were held or should i write straight to edinburgh?

would anyone have any idea where the best template to write my first letter would be?

and just to be dim - what does cci mean?

sorry to be a pain .................... do appreciate the feedback ......... its good to know that i can do something about these charges!!..you're all stars!

Becky

Welcome to CAG

Please find your banks forum and start a thread;

(your name) V (banks name)

Other members with experience of your bank can offer informed advice.

use the template letters in order. Stick to the timetable in there.

please take time to read the faq's

LINKS....

At a glance guide to claiming.....

FAQs....

Templates Library....

If you have charges going back further than six years read in here;

Claiming beyond 6 yrs - important new information!!!

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o..../flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

PPMAN

If this helps please tip the scales, Left.

• Haha 1

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

• 2 months later...

well after several years and a LOT of bank charges, i now find myself with a ccj and i'm working with another company on a debt management plan to pay off all those kind people that i owe lots of money to because they enjoyed giving me extra charges !!!!!!!!!!!!

my letters are out in the post first thing, so if anyone has any advice for me i'll be happy to accept it!

i'm going for rbs, monument, barclaycard and capital one - wish me luck!

:)

also to add, had 2 bank accounts that were shut and a loan account - so i shall put all three on the letter and give them a tenner ! - this is o.k ?

the address i was sending the letter to rbs is :

Royal Bank of Scotland;

Data Protection Team

36 St Andrews Square

Edinburgh

EH2 2YB

this o.k? or can anyone suggest another?

thanks all x

Hi - I have a feeling that you will need to send a separate request (and £10) for each account - others may know more - and there may be info in the FAQ sections on this site.......good luck!:)

also to add, had 2 bank accounts that were shut and a loan account - so i shall put all three on the letter and give them a tenner ! - this is o.k ?

Send them three seperate letters in the one envelope - but you only need to pay one fee of £10. This will cover all accounts you have/have had with RBoS.

• Haha 1

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.