• Tweets

• please note date corrections above.   pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform. [if mcol is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] .  register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site  note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.  then log in to the MCOL Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform .  defend all  leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit MCOL. . get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] ... .[use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt] . https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ .  type your name ONLY Do Not sign anything . you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork  you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count] ..............      
    • Name of the Claimant ? Calderdale College   Date of issue – 16/09/21   Date  to acknowledge) = 04/10/21 date to submit defence = 18/10/21    Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?    1.The Claimant claims the sum of £1042.50 in respect of tuition fees, details of which have been delivered to the Defendant.   2.Payment has not been made and the Claimant therefore claims – 1. The sum of £1042.50 being as to the sum due. 2. Costs.   3.The Claimant has complied with the Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims dated this 15/09/2021.   4.The Claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Court Act 1984 at the rate of 8.00% a year from 30/05/2019 to 15/09/2021 on £1042.50 and also interest at the same rate up to the  date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.23.   What is the total value of the claim? £1394.44   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No  Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? N/A Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Tuition Fees   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After April 2007   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? At the college – signed paper.   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? No.   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. STA International   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Received letters from STA International chasing debt.   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No   Why did you cease payments? Was withdrawn by course tutor from the course.   What was the date of your last payment? 29 March 2019   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? Yes   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No  
    • If the house was empty for 5 months presumably no-one was watching TV there. An empty house does not need a TV licence if the TV set is not in use. And you don't have a legal obligation to advise TVL that a house is empty.   So apart from the other points already mentioned about TVL you weren't committing a TV licence offence anyway!
    • It's a standard disclaimer, potential employers are unlikely to draw the conclusion that you have. Don't worry about it.
    • Big fish. Little fish.   I bought a product that was marked wrong, through misleading information from a massive company and wondered how I should the raise the issue with them that might be to both our advantages, ie. both helping them while maybe being rewarded/compensated.   I'm entirely within my rights to do this and there's nothing unethical about it.   You'd think I was trying to commit fraud for pity's sake. Who has never tried to take advantage of a big company making a mistake?    I used to get free credits from Apple for spotting spelling errors on iTunes.   The company made a mistake and I was sold a product under false pretences! Therefore I'm either getting less than what I thought I was paying for, or I can ask for a refund and several hours of my time have been wasted. How on earth you can turn that round on to me and try to make out that I'm the one trying to do a wrong turn is really quite something.. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Saying Hi and asking about a closed account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There everybody,

I wonder if anybody can help. I had a business current account previously with NatWest when I was running a Pub. Unfortunately the pub didn't do well at all and I had to sell up and get out. During the last several months I was getting excessive charges for unpaid Cheques and standing orders. The business was sold and bank account shut.

The Question I have is can I still claim for those charges, even though the account is not active any more? It was a significant amount of money.

Thanks.

Hi uklandlord,

Welcome to the forum.

read the links put up bt Michael. I have made two claims on closed accounts and won both.

Please find your banks forum and start a thread;

(your user name) V (banks name)

Other members with experiance of your bank can offer informed advice.

use the template letters in order. Stick to the timetable in there.

please take time to read the faq's

LINKS....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-our-forum/71112-glance-guide-claiming.html

FAQs....

Templates Library....

If you have charges going back further than six years read in here;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html

There is also live chat, visit if you need any quick advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

Finally good Luck.

Happyolddog.

If this helps please tip the scales,Left, this lets others know if my information is useful.