Sammy59 V Shabby

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just wanted to make sure iam doing all right so far on my process of reclaiming from abbey.

Sent original letter asking for statments in Feb'07 got them all by 2week of march.

Sent the letter requesting £2163(without interest) within 14 days, abbey replied with a letter saing will look in to issue and contact me again in 4 weeks.

sent letter saying not acceptable and wanted the refund with full interest withing 14 days or will take them to court

Heard nothing and issues court proceeding on 26th April for full amount inc interest and court fees.

On mcol today its showing acknowledged.does this mean i wait until 29th May'07 to put a judgement againts them if they don't defend, if they do defend iam assuming i'll get a court date.

iknow that this has been covered before on this site, just wanted to make sure that iam going about things the right way as i actually started this process from mse.

Thanks

Guest ChloeJane

Hi Sammy!

Acknowledgement of service means just that, they are acknowledging they have been served with the documents and now have 28 days in which to file a defence.

If they do so, which is the norm, it will then be allocated to your local county court. A link below helps!

Her Majesty's Courts Service

You will then hear from the court in due time with a copy of their defence and further instructions which may be an allocation questionaire or if they have dispensed with them, a set of further directions.

You will then be allocated a court date.

Time frames are difficult to estimate as the courts are snowed under, so while we all know there is no defence, as it costs them nothing to defend, they can continue to abuse the court process and stall what is inevitably giving you your money.

Hang in there!! The court will be in touch!!

Forced savings for now as the interest is growing...tactics and just play the game and patience required, you will win in the end....

good luck...look me up if you get an allocation questionaire and struggling...in chat.

Thanks alot.

On the mcol message i had, it states that the defendent has 28 days in which to file a defence, will it be 14 days from 30th april or 28 days from 30th april.

Where are you up to with your claim?

Guest ChloeJane

Hi,

I stand corrected and off in a world of my own today! That will teach me to multi task!

The link above has been changed, i replied with link to acknowledgement of service - yes it is 28 days - apologies...usually have standard posts to your question and today on a different pc.

I won from abbey in Jan, £421 - 2 accounts - 1 savings and 1 current account. - also now taking Black Horse for mis sold PPI.

I didn't use money claim though - i used the N1 as I found it easier and couldnt add two accounts on the MCOL form.

You seem really knowledgeable so far and quite confident of the process! As you will know its now just a waiting game...........

Apologies for the confusion - going back to the laptop!! correct link now and MCOL information on line for claimants is a really good link!