halifax reply advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

put in a claim to the halifax to recover bank charges gave them 14 days to refund money back into my acount otherwise would take them to court without any further notice supplied them with 6 years worth of statements with all charges highlighted

its been 7 days exactly have received letter this morning it goes something like this thank you for your complaint we are sorry you are unhappy about your charges if for any reason we are unable to respond fully to your concernswithin the next four weeks we will write to you to update you of our progress

do i have to wait for them or can i carry on to the small claims court wnen the 14 day are up

Buffy x

Buffy v Halifax WON all charges refunded

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there!

Just reading your thread....and picked up on..."highlighted statements".

Many people find the whole process rather intimidating and frustrating but in all honesty it works!

The steps are important and are your re assurance that if followed, your claim will be succesful.

I spend a lot of time in chat and find many people stating they just highlighted their statements and sent them back to their bank with a request for payment. The issues this presents are -

• you have just given back your evidence needed for your claim

• the bank will not sift through 6 years worth of statements to add up your figures

• it is missing a crucial step and if you proceed to court - what proof do you now have??

So if I read your post wrong, I apologise, as it indicated that you may have missed the spreadsheet stage!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=6

The step by step instructions above, on the right hand side of the page, are links to the spreadsheets and further information on what you can claim and what you can't and clarifies interest that you may also be able to claim back.

If you don't have your statements anymore and proceed as you have, what proof will you have to the courts or to refer back on to check amounts??? If you photo copied them, and still kept the originals, then we can all help to start getting back on track so as not to risk your claim for the win back you seek.

If you did send your statements - first things first - get them back! you will need them.

You need to then put them in the spreadsheet as interest needs to be calculated before you file!

Its not a set back if you can get your statements back....do not proceed without them though!

If you are in any doubt - look me up in chat or ask a moderator!

Hope this helps....all is not lost...just need to make sure the steps and process are followed as its the only way it works.

cheers for that

yes i did photo copy statements i sent them a template letter from the bbc site

i was just wondering if i had to wait for them to look into my claim as they said in the letter they will resond whithin the next four weeks to update me of their progress or when the 14 days was up i could carry on with the claim in court

cheers

Buffy x

Guest ChloeJane

Hi again,

AM SOOOOOO pleased you said you photocopied them!!

Honestly, I would load them all into the spreadsheet now! That will keep you busy!

It is so that the format is correct and not happy that the BBC indicate that this method is ok.

The CAG method works - so my thoughts personally are these.

1) Load all figures into the spreadsheet - it is then clear and concise for the other party to view and not argue.

2) Print off the spreadsheet

3) Send a copy of the spreadsheet with your Letter before Action

NOW!

So when you have completed this stage - and only then - would it be advisable to then proceed with the next step.

Keep your statements for your bundle for court if needed.

If you fail to follow this you will only find the other side will pick holes in your claim and it will delay things.

Worth doing it right - even if it is a little more time.

If you need help try me in chat this evening!

• 1 month later...

just a quick update got 1st letter of halifax 28th april say they would contact me in 4wks i then sent lba to them they sent letter saying they have a further 8wks to deal with my complaint phoned them and told them i would betaking it to court if i had not heared from them within 14 days which i did so claim was issued on 21st may deemed served on 1st june and they have to reply by 15th june phoned them to day and they said they would email their legal team, has anyone phoned the legal team or should i just wait if so has anyone got the phone number thanks

Buffy x