ok got a letter today and i have no idea what to do next

nocturnal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so im gona be upfront i work for barclays (woolwich) bank so when my hubbie asked me to do his bank charges i though easy cause i know the process. then lloyds through a spanner in the works and im lost. the next step i was expecting was an offer letter (which happens with the woolwich) but i go this letter (as below) and cant make head nor tale of it, any help as what to do next would be grand.

"thank you for getting intouch with us. i am sorry you are unhappy about your account charges.

like any business, we do make a charge for some of our extra services. when customers don't have enoughin their accounts to cover a payment, this always means extra work - and it has happen to happen very quickly. we have to agree to make the payment by setting up or increasing an overdraft, or tell customers we cant agree it. we fell it's fair to charge for this service.

of corse it's only fair too, that we're completely open about any charged-for services before you might need them. that's why we take care to give every new customer the latest guide to our charges. you can also get up-to-date details about our fees and borrowing rates at all our branches, through our helpline nad on our website.

just as importantly we do everything we can to help our customers aviod these charges. you can get an up-to-date balance at any of our cash machines, over the phone, on line and by weekly text to your mobile.

If you know a payment is going to take you over your agreed limit, you're welcome to see if there's anything we can do.

The Officed of Fair Trading has published new guidelines on credit card default charges. We're still talking it through with them, but the important point is that the guidelines are about 'default' cahrges tht people pay when they break an agreement with us. this doesn't apply to your charges as these were for dealing with your request to go over your agreed overdraft limit. they are not default charges because you haven't broken your agreement. they are our prices for the service we provide in these situations.

i do hope you can see that we make our charges system as fair as possilbe - and why i cant agree to cancel your charges.

i hope this fully answers the points you raised with you. please let me know if there is anything else i can do to help. if we cannnot come to an agreedment, i will provide you with details of the Financial Ombudsman Service so they can consider your complaint independently.

if you are happy with the way i have dealth with your complaint, there is no need for you to reply to my letter. if i have not heard from you by June 15th i will close my file, though of course i will re-open it should you come back at any point afterwards."

dont think s, but ant see why that would make a difference, if asked ive never lied and only a temp anyways as barclays are "streamlining" and making us redudant (sp?) if i didn't want ppl to know i wouldnt have posted it

lol this could get messy and i dont want it to , im a temp so im not employeed by the bank. my employeer is an agency. i would help if i could be as by the end of june the woolwich will be no more i doubt very much that i could