pears 23 v Nationwide

pears23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey folks, first time posting but have read many of your journeys! Thank you all for sharing your experiences! Just wanted a bit of advice really, have done my preliminary letter, then the LBA, & filed claim with MCOL on 9th april. Had an acknowledgement dated 10th April that they would defend claim & then ..................... Nothing. The 28 days are up on 8th may but not had any further info / correspondence since then? No AQ's have appeared? Any advice , should I just sit tight until next week? should I be preparing for court??? The waiting is tooooooo much!!! :???:

Hi pears 23!

It's the usual nonsense from NWide I'm afraid i.e. total lack of meaningful communication. In common with many other peoples claims my charges were refunded 20+ days after acknowledgment with no warning , no letter informing me it would happen etc etc - it just started appearing in my account and then approx. a week later a letter arrived advising me that the refund had been paid and a breakdown of the charges, interest, court fee etc. Some claimants did receive a letter telling them basically that they (NWide) would not refund their charges and the money then appeared a couple of days later!!!

So, sit tight and wait!!! Check your acount from time to time - it won't be long now!!

Same here-they said that they would defend the claim and then sent a letter saying that they were refunding my charges,interst and court fees which totalled just over £740.

So as Pete said just sit tight-your money will be with you soon

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

hi pears, and yes the same happened to me, just a matter of waiting i'm afraid.............hopefully not to long best of luck x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

good news, well sort of - had 2 deposits in my account for £999 & another for £177.94 late yesterday evening! Still short by ~ £600. what's the point of staggering - surely it would be easier for all concerned to just pay out once!!! Thanks everyone for all your help

:p Karen

This seems to be the way that NW operate-the pay the charges as one amount and the interest and court fees as another.

Maybe give it a couple more days and if the balance does not arrive then give them a call.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

HURRAH, HURRAH......... all charges, interest & MCOL fee refunded, in 3 payments!!!!:) :) :) :)

Have another claim against NW for another account - here's hoping it all goes smoothly!!

For those of you just starting out - keep with it - although it can seem daunting!!!!!!!!

Karen

WELL DONE!!! Round 2 will be even more fun.

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck