Claim filed against Abbey for non-compliance with SAR - advice please

Bubble
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6205 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am helping a friend reclaim charges from Abbey. I have been searching for days to see who has filed a claim for non-compliance with the Data Protection Act and although I have seen the helpful N1 particulars of claim template (thank you abercromby!) I haven’t found any outcomes.

We wrote the initial S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter on 26th Feb and enclosed £10 fee (which was promptly cashed). We have received the copies of statements for the past 12 months and 3 years ‘archived transactions’ but despite numerous phone calls, nothing else.

We sent an LBA on 10th April giving a further 7 days and have also filed a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (although have yet to receive a reply).

I have now completed a N1 using abercromby’s template. I phoned the Court and they said the fee would be £150 as it is a non-money claim.

I am helping a lot of friends and acquaintances reclaim unfair charges but this is the first time I have done this – if anyone has any experience or advice I would be grateful if you could let me know.

Bubble

Halifax - £3533.02 reclaimed

MBNA1 - £150 reclaimed

First Direct - £330 reclaimed

MBNA2 (OH) – £275 reclaimed