Oh My God! They Paid Up!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

TOTAL REFUND ASKED FOR £1241 TOTAL REFUND GIVEN £1241

Hi,

Just to let you all know, 9 days following my pre-lim letter, (wasnt the same as on here i just quoted the relevant parts to make them realise i was serious) i received a letter from Stuart Higley with the following text

''Before I address the various points you have made, after due consideration, we have agreed to refund charges totalling £1,241, as you asked''

Oh my god!

They asked for me to either close my account or change it to a basic account as a condition, however they were the only conditions.

Now, on with my second claim!

12th May DPA sent to Natwest

17th May pre-lim sent £1241

26th May Full refund offered

27th May Accepted!!

on with next....

Wow! Congratulations!!

I've had 2 letters from Mr Higley and he didn't even offer me a penny!!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

SM_yupi3ti.gif

Donations gratefully accepted...smiley2.gif

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

WOW. Well done you!!

NatWest - £3702.94 - Won.. Done and Dusted!!

Lloyds - £771.52 - Nearly there...

The Daily Mirror, GMTV, Granada Reports........

Hollywood Next!

Check out how I re-claimed my unlawfull bank charges:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/4797-stephanie-NatWest-i-i.html

That's great. any chance of posting the text from your letter so we can see what the differences were?

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

Dont want to bump this thread really, but feel ignorant not replying, my letter was personal, in that i drafted a bit form the 'bankchargeshell' website...a bit from the govan law website a bit from here and then added a bit of my own (just to confuse them)!!...as in ''You have taken ...% ''of my income and as the legal amount by law that we are expected to live on is ''...'' this brings me below the legal minimum to live on..etc'' The important factor in this is that you state that these charges are punative and therefore illegal, its important to spend time reading through as many posts as possible and taking in as much information as possible, be prepared, fight for what is yours and stand your ground. As Bookworm' said 'ITS MY MONEY';) stick to that thought and go on...and put that thought forward in your letter..but make the legal stuff prominant and make it sound like you know what youre talking about...if you dont then READ UP you soon will!

• Confused 1

27th May Accepted!!

on with next....

Now that's interesting. I read somewhere that according to the banking code they have to ensure you have enough money left in your account each month to live on. It was on a houses of parliament website in some evidence given by some high-up monkey on the board that set the code so it must have some truth but I've read the code and can't find it mentioned anywhere.

Even though the code is just an agreed-to set of guidelines and not legally binding no bank would want to be seen to be breaking the code.

Possibly this is a new angle to investigate - I haven't heard of Natwest refunding this much in full before now.

I've been reading up for the last couple of months now and doing my own legal investigation so I'm well aware of the laws used so far. I have a LOT to claim from Natwest and I really want to get it right so I intend to check every possibly avenue. I just haven't heard of this approach being used yet.

Is there really a legal amount by law you are expected to live on? Any legal terms that I could search for would be most helpful.

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

I think the legal minimum amount to 'live' on is set by the government in benefits, so if you have a look at the amounts on there website..for example a single person minimum requirement is xx amount, married couple xx amount..with 1 child xx and so on. That has to be the ground rule. When I totted up my income over the year and then deducted there charges it left me 10% below those figures. Hope this helps.

27th May Accepted!!

on with next....

Natwest took so many charges off my daughter she and her baby were left below the mimimum for a couple of months,but we'll get 'um.

Sent Data Protection Act to Halifax 13.6.06

Daughters Data Protection Act sent to NatWest 5.6.06

Natwest sent statements on 24.6.06 Daughter owed £204.00 Preliminary ready to go.

Halifax sent my statements today(26.6.06) Owe me £1702.00

Preliminary sent on 27. 6.06.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done. I ope it works

Dont want to bump this thread really, but feel ignorant not replying, my letter was personal, in that i drafted a bit form the 'bankchargeshell' website...a bit from the govan law website a bit from here and then added a bit of my own (just to confuse them)!!...as in ''You have taken ...% ''of my income and as the legal amount by law that we are expected to live on is ''...'' this brings me below the legal minimum to live on..etc'' The important factor in this is that you state that these charges are punative and therefore illegal, its important to spend time reading through as many posts as possible and taking in as much information as possible, be prepared, fight for what is yours and stand your ground. As Bookworm' said 'ITS MY MONEY';) stick to that thought and go on...and put that thought forward in your letter..but make the legal stuff prominant and make it sound like you know what youre talking about...if you dont then READ UP you soon will!

My daughter too was left with less than the minimum requirement to live on

Her pay went in one day and by the next there was £6 left for the week. Good eh?

We're nearly there - had an offer of £1000 - less than half, so writing the "no thank you see you in court" letter whilst keeping an eye on this brilliant site!