rob vs Natwest

poohbear1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Natwest where pretty good in coming up with the data, unlike Abbey. So that was a little less painless although they don't communicate in any other way, where as Abbey send a load of letters buying them more time I guess.

Worked out that Rob can claim back £1038.50, he had been a much better boy than I have been over the years. Must get on with the preliminary letter. Will let you know how we get on with our claims.

I'm a bit scared but here goes.

P.S. Glad to say finally our parachute account is now set up!

Nasty Vest are good at providing the requested information but do not be surpised that,if your claim goes to court, they will defend it.

Good luck and keep us posted

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why is it each stage going by I get more and more nervous. Haven't read the latest on the Birmingham Lloyds case yet (if there is any) but have to admit to that worrying me. 14 days up tomorrow so letter before action is due, send that special delivery. No response at all from Natwest.

Does anyone know, inlight of the Birmingham case, although it probably would have been a good idea to have them anyway, what happens if you can't find a copy of your t&cs?

Poohbear1,

Please could you help me Im just starting out. When I send preliminary letter to natwest do I just send to my local branch? Im going round in circles and getting very confused. Would be very grateful for your help.

Thanks

Lel

Poohbear1,

Please could you help me Im just starting out. When I send preliminary letter to NatWest do I just send to my local branch? Im going round in circles and getting very confused. Would be very grateful for your help.

Thanks

Lel

Lel, you need to start your own thread in this forum (e.g., lel vs natwest) - that way we can help you out with your claim. Prelim goes to the Borehamwood address.

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

From reading the site there are many different places people have sent their preliminary letter. Personally I would send it to their headoffice Customer service department. There should be somewhere on the Natwest forum where they have listed the addresses. Make sure you read everything you can both on the step by step guidelines to notes people have left on the forum.

The address we are using is as follows:

Customer Relations Manager

Natwest Customer Relations

FREEPOST NAT12685

Borehamwood

WD6 1BR

Double check as I said in the forum but I am sure that is where I got it from. Be fully prepared so read up as much information as possible. Natwest are very quiet we have not heard anything from them at all so far.

• 1 month later...

Sorry at another stage where I would rather ask for clarity and make sure I know what I am doing. I believe we are at the stage of taking them to court, have lent the letter before action. We received a letter saying "thanks for yours, we will consider it and estimate this will take the next decade blah blah....." rubbish. So its filing a claim isn't it, not really sure how I do this, I need to get forms don't I, can someone point me in the right direction of the forms link and I could also really do with getting my hands on Natwest Terms and Conditions, hunted high and low and can not find one anywhere, does it have to be from the period we are claiming from?

I have also been told its worth while to keep writing to "Nasty Vest" offering to settle out of court to save the bank on court fees and the 8% interest, keep all copies and the court looks favouribly on this, is that correct and if so how often should I do this?

Thanks in advance.

File at court once the 14 days is up after the LBA.

Advice is to nudge them every 14 days or so (any more often could be contrsued as harrassment)

There are some NatWest T&Cs here but if the relevant year is not there, just write and ask NatWest for them. You may have to write more than once but they will supply them. If you still don't have them once all the stuff from Cobbetts starts arriving you can get Cobbetts to help get them by asking them for the T&Cs "pursuant to CPR Pre-Action Protocol 4.6©"

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

Thank you for being so helpful, it almost makes me feel terrible for asking this next question so please don't shout at me. I have printed off the one I initially want and that is the 2002 one, but it won't print the first page for some really strange reason, is it me or has anyone else experienced the problem?

I will try another printer whne I get chance to access one and keep you posted but if you know of anything give us a shout.

Thanks again, massive help!!! I am very very grateful!

Hi rob

I just tried it and it seems OK. Let me know if you still have a problem (although I'm not sure what I can do about it from South Lancs)

Steven

Thanks, will try it at home when I have some new inks. If not I was wondering if you could post me the first page, be happy to reimburse any costs, is that possible?

Guess what else, I am stunned and shocked. Got a letter from Natwest in a big envelope. It goes on about how they have there Terms and Conditions and they are not admitting liability BUT offer me £330 as full and final settlement. Obviously I know this is good in one hand but the claim is over £1000 so I need to find a template letter don't I about accepting it as partial settlement and that I will continue to pursue the remainder in court, is that right?

I can't believe it, we are processing two claims this one for my partner Rob and one for me from Abbey(£5000), I havent really heard anything from either of them till now. I have no doubt that this could easily still get to court but I have definately taken it as a positive step forward.

I am very grateful to you and this site and everyone who has and is helping.

Can you feel the love. Watch new home, here we come.

Question - If we have been offered £330 as full and final settlement, are going to respond by saying we accept this as partial but I will return any money paid directly into my account and take you to court will I be claiming for the full amount still or the remainder after £330 or wait to see if they pay the money and then file a claim? I think in the letter I need to use (template 4 of the refusing an offer) it says you have 10 days to pay me in full so I guess I send that, wait 10 days and then file claim for the full amount?

Rob

NatWest don't usually pay any money at this stage - they just make an offer.

Write and thank them for the offer, accept it as a partial settlement and tell them you are going to proceed wit hyour claim for the rest. THen carry onas you were. You will get the rest - we revceived an offer for charges+interest+court costs+s69 interest this morning. Look on our thread.

Steven