Here we go then

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Have just joined this forum and am gathering information before I get to work on my bank accounts. My partner & I have both suffered from sky-high bank charges being slapped on our accounts at HSBC and we have a business account with RBS who are an absolute nightmare.

I'm a little worried about taking on RBS because it's our business account, but I am in the process of changing banks anyway so figure, what the hell?

Wish me luck

Guest ChloeJane

Hi PurpleKiwi!

Your in the right place for information and support to gain back your business charges!

To start with it is important not to get mixed up with the consumer side when you are making a business claim!

The best way to look at tips for business claims is here -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/64975-business-claims-basic-guide.html

Is the business a Ltd Company or a sole trader?

Its important to note the differences as the way you may have to apply for information is important and you need to take out all references to consumer, as being a business you do not come under the same laws or OFT rulings.

You will be fine if you stick to the above link and there are greater moderators on this site, that know a lot about banking claims for business!

Wishing you well and if you need any help, look me up in chat!

Hi, thanks for your replies.

I've spent some time browsing this site today, and it all seems a little overwhelming. I think I'll start with my personal account while I familiarise myself with all this before going for it with the business account, I don't want to mess this up, as RBS (business a/c) "owes" us a fair bit of cash and I really would like it back!

However, I'm a little concerned that the banks might sway from the current trend of repaying these charges... I don't want to miss the opportunity to get my money back. Any thoughts?

ChloeJane, thanks for the advice... the business is a sole trader. Does it make a difference?

Guest ChloeJane

Hi again PurpleKiwi,

The truth is that many people see the process as rather overwhelming so you are not alone.

Being a sole trader is in fact simpler as a process so I do hope that gives you some courage to go forward.

To try and understand the current state of affairs of why there is going to be no change to the current regime of being able to claim back your charges, a recent post I did i will copy and hope it gives you confidence to tackle the first step.

Many people ask why? How do I know I won't lose?

Because.................

The office of fair trading has said £12 is reasonable for their fees etc but this is still much higher than it really is! So if they had to attend court, based on what you have asked them to provide in your application to the court..they would declare it is less.

The banks are drawing it all out as daily they earn interest on YOUR money....so why pay you earlier than they need to or are forced to! Why not have you unsure and possibly agreeing to a much less offer!

So they won't show to give the information under the disclosure rules -rules to disclose documents that you have asked for.....because their fees are actually even much less than the office of fair trading set!! Once they defend once with their fees, everyone could view them and everyone would be reclaiming and not intimidated as it was a sure win!

So hang in there! Its a process and like a chess game! Nerves of steel needed and use the site and support to be confident.

You won't lose!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this instills some confidence and often in the chat room if you are unsure or want some points clarified.

Small businesses are the bread and butter of it all...you have a right to claim back the charges. The trend will not change.