Breach of DPA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hopefully, somebody will be able to advise on my current "fight" with the Halifax.

1. Successfully received statements with charges.

2. Sent first letter requesting payment, etc.

3. Received a copy of a letter sent to a solicitors in England (I'm in Scotland) detailing account info, charges etc and claiming it would take 4 weeks for them to investigate my "complaint".

It is at this point I could do with some proper advice.

I have no knowledge of these solicitors in England and was extremely confused. I have never heard of them and they have never heard of me.

4. Received a letter form the solicitors in England with copies of two letters they had received from my Bank. They state they have no idea why my bank wrote to them and apologised for any inconvenience or embarrassment caused to me by my bank detailing account information etc.

This looks like a clear breach of the Data Protection Act to me and a major error on my banks behalf.

I would appreciate any advice on how to proceed with this.

• 1 year later...

As a DCA they are governed by the data protection and as long as the guidlines and rules are in place, there isnt a breach of the DPA, as it states in the DPA information can be exchanged as long as the company follows the DPA guidlines and rules. although im not 100% on that, ive studied the DPA on a computer related disipline

That does sound strange to me and I can only think it is because you live in Scotland which affects your claim in some way (but that sounds like rubbish while I'm typing it). I do hope someone in Scotland reads this - try PMing kennythecelt.

Meanwhile ignore the 'fact' that it is going to take them 4 weeks to investigate and send off your prelim or lba. It is Halifax you are claiming from not this firm.

All the best

Edited by sallysas
alteration

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL