Now Get your teeth into this one.

Isiris

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mate has divorced and remarried.

He used to have a Joint Account with his wife but when they divorced he was taken off the account. This was about 6 years ago. He has never recieved any contact from the bank.

On Friday he got home from work and his Mrs was sat down crying. He had no idea what was up and she just went off on one saying that he was a B** and this that and the other. What had happened was, a letter had been delivered to him, regarding a debt on his ex wifes account directly from Lloyds TSB. The letter was sent to his new address, not the ex marital home. She opened the letter as she has permission from him to do so:shock:

He phoned her and had a massive go at her saying I thought you had taken me off blah blah as you can imagine.:mad:

Now when all the dust had settled, it transpired that she was in the process of reclaiming all her charges back. She had advised the bank that the overdraft (£300) was far exceeded by her claim (£3K) and as such the account was in dispute in accordance with the banking code. The bank had somehow found his address (forgot to ask him if he banked with Lloyds) and wrote to him in his own name demanding payment.

I now, to be honest, dont know whos got the biggest claim against LLoyds.:?

My mate for the obvious Harrasment and embarresment caused or His ex for the MASSIVE breach of the Data Protection Act.

I sit back and wait for the comments;)

Excuse the over use of the smileys

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

thats an interesting one....

50/50 me thinks after the o/d is settled.

then it upto him if he pursues lloyds for breaches etc!

i'd be well happy about all this actually!

ok the missus has gone mad, but well

looks like money all around!!!

dx100uk;)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i had a similar one (see my thread earlier today). Lloyds changed my address details then started sending my statements to my ex and my replacement card and pin (i found out when my new card didn't arrive (as i use internet banking i never missed the statements)).

i complained, they fixed it then did it again!!

they've acknowledged their errors but have only offered 250.00 despite exposing me to identity fraud, and all my financial details to my ex (her maintenance claim has subsequently gone skywards and is keeping me pretty much overdrawn 24/7).

when i complained the 2nd time, the cashier at the branch changed it back there and then, but didn't ask me for any identity. Talk about incompetence!

best of luck to your friend, let me know how he gets on.

rgds

rich

thats an interesting one....

50/50 me thinks after the o/d is settled.

then it upto him if he pursues lloyds for breaches etc!

i'd be well happy about all this actually!

ok the missus has gone mad, but well

looks like money all around!!!

dx100uk;)

The overdraft is actually paid now as they have put in their £750 gesture of good will. She told him this on the phone and he said to me if he should ask for some LOL.

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Any one any other views on this.

Playing football with him in the morning and I knwo he will ask

Cheers:p