• Tweets

• Good afternoon   Please find below the Microsoft Teams link for your hearing listed at the Weymouth Combined Court, 18th May 2022 at 2:30pm.   To join the hearing, hover your cursor over the link below, press the control (ctrl) button on your keyboard and click the left-hand button on your mouse.   Microsoft Teams Link:   Click here to join the meeting     Kind regards   Miss Caroline Marshall   Tribunal Clerk, CVP Administrator, Digital Support Officer, CFT Administration Officer   Weymouth Combined Court | HMCTS | The Law Courts, Westwey Road | Weymouth | DT4 8BS Phone: 01305 752516 Mobile: 07889 410444   gov.uk/hmcts  
    • put the email up this doesn't seem correct to me.   dx  
    • I usually clear my credit card balance by direct debit each month.  On 23rd December I bought some wine which I hopped would be added to my January statement for payment in February.  Unfortunately, I miss calculated and the wine was charged on my December statement for payment in January.  I made three payments in January which were not enough to pay the full amount.  I was left with a negative balance of £272.60.  I also made a purchase of one item which added £7.50 to the balance.  Since I had reinstated my direct debit payment in time for my February payment, the full balance was cleared on 18th February.  By my calculation, the £272.60 was in deficit for 57 days and the £7.50 for 30 days. I have been given the daily compound interest rate of 0.0407814%.  My calculation is the interest due on the £272.60 for 57 days is (1+0.000407814)57-1 or (2.3513%) multiplied by the debt = £6.41.  The same calculation for the £7.50 is (1+0.000407814)30 -1 or (1.2307%) multiplied by the debt = £0.09.  I have calculated the days by taking the purchase date from the repayment date of the 18th February 2022.  This totals £6.50, but my bank has calculated the interest at £15.64 in January and a further £2.46 in February.  I have asked how bank calculates interest but none of the employees at the bank know.  Apparently, its too complicated and no employees who deal with customers can provide the answer.  My question cannot be escalated to someone who can explain what is wrong with my calculation.  Apparently, the computer works it out and that is all that matters (to the bank). I did calculate the daily rate at 0.040435% on the basis that it is 15.9% annually.  I used the formula (1+0.00040435)365-1 to confirm an annual rate of 15.9%.  The same formula using bank’s calculation produces an annual rate of 16.04%.  My calculations may not be perfect but the bank interest calculation is nearly 2.8 times mine.   What is wrong with my calculation?
    • Hi Caggers,   Heart in mouth moment! Just got an email through for a teams meeting tomorrow for a hearing at the combined courts....   With regards to the thread of this post last year in April i did the mediation which didn't work out as expected and then all went quiet on the western front.   I moved house about 6 months ago and i updated all of my creditors but didn't think like an absolute imbecile to do the same for the court.    I haven't prepared a witness statement, nothing! If this email hadn't of come through i wouldn't of had a clue this hearing was even due to take place. I feel like a right numpty!   Is there anything at all i can do at this point?
    • I am guessing at a link to PPI as HMRC won't send my anything pertaining to the investigation in writing although I've asked for it. This matter is already supposed to have been investigated by HMRC so this is all post investigation and I've been told to cash both cheques on the phone today.   I recieved two tax calculations form HMRC both saying the tax repayment was from Savings Income, the amount on both these calculations is actually slightly different to the amounts on the corrosponding cheques, just a few pounds out. As you can no doubt tell I did not recieve a huge amount of savings income / or interest from my savings more like £2 as opposed to £2500!   The only thing it could be is PPI, if it isn't that then it must be an error. However HMRC have already investigated this and the outcome is that the money is mine? Why would they make another error like this after investigation? Are HMRC that incompetent? Was the call handler who was taking my call and put me on hold to look at my case just too lazy / busy to actually check? I feel like they are putting me in a bad position by not properly explaining the outcome of the investigation by sending a letter. Obviously I don't want to take or spend money I'm not entitled to but at the same time don't want to not get it if it is due to me.   @Ethel Street , I have not cashed either cheque yet so probably would have to request a replacement for the November Cheque now.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

Allybee13 vs Halifax CC

allybee13

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Story so far:

09/02/07 - DSAR sent

15/03/07 - Halifax replied, info will be provided in 21 working days

13/04/07 - 21 working days now over

30/04/07 - Complaint issued to Information Commissioner

Halifax are really taking the pi$$ here - they've now had nearly 3 months to provide me with the information I requested and they've had my money since they cashed the cheque at the end of Feb.

From the charges I could find, they owe me £180 back and I'm hopeful that the statements will reveal at least one more charge when they arrive.

What has the Information commissioner said if anything I guess it is a bit early I just noticed you sent the complaint yesterday;) When things go ahead don't forget to charge for all you have paid out including telephone calls and stamps etc;) The banks are really being pressed with all the claims arriving on their door step.:D Of course the IC could be on strike today as the local courts are. I have a summary case against BOS that O am waiting to hear if they are going to defend. This happened the last summary case I had with them. They were going to defend but when I got to court their lawyer came up with a settlement offer which I declined which gave BOS another two weeks bvefore having to settle which they did:D This Friday I have a great day against CITI which has been going on since Nov. If I can be of any help let me know best of luck:)

Cheers texel. The IC said that they will write to Halifax and add my name to a list of cases that they are to put through as a matter of urgency. Apparently this usually focuses their minds and they get on with providing the information requested.

• 2 weeks later...

The IC got back to me and said they'd be sending another request to Halifax at the end of May. I decided that was too long to wait so I phoned the switchboard number at Halifax, asked for the guy on the letter and got put through.

He doesn't work in that department any more, but he put a request through to the person who does. That was on Wednesday and I received my copy statements on Friday!!!

Unfortunately, the statements that I didn't have seemed to be the ones with the late fee refunds on them, so Halifax owe me less than I thought. :( Bummer!

I'll be sending my request for payment on Monday.