DCA, CCA - re Bank Account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Can anybody please advise, I opened a basic bank account some years ago, was issued with only a cardcash account, then a few years later upgraded the account to a cheque guarantte card over the phone, including cheque book etc then was allowed an OD that they kept increasing. I signed a CCA for the basic account (I think) but not for the upgraded one, especially not the OD. Do the rules regarding a CCA still apply in this case. Any help much appreciated.

What do you mean "do the rules still apply"? Sorry, a bit confused by what it is you actually want to know :)

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Sorry, didn't make myself very clear - can I still request a copy of the CCA - the debt is now with a DCA - do they still have to provide a copy of the CCA to make the debt enforceable? Also because I signed a credit agreement for a basic account is this classed as an agreement for the account being upgraded etc. As i had an OD this could be seen as credit ITSMIAM. I wasn't sure if you could request a copy of CCA with bank accounts, in the same way you can do with cataloges, credit cards etc. Hope this makes sense.

I honestly don't think you sign a Consumer Credit Agreement for a bank account as there is no credit involved. Its probably an application to open an account you signed.

I'm not sure about an overdraft, I personally can't remember signing an agreement of any kind for mine, but it was years ago, and I could have just forgotten.

Hmmm, I'm not sure on this, as interest is charged on an overdraft, it might come under CCA '74. I don't suppose it would do any harm to send a CCA request.

Someone more knowlegable than me will hopefully drop in on your thread.

• Haha 1

An overdraft is covered, but when you signed your agreement with the bank, even though it was only a basic bank account, they probably incluedd the CCA rules in there.

Send them a CCA request anyway to see what they come up with.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I am no longer welcome on CAG

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.