Micheboo v Nationwide

Micheboo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, just looked at my thread and tiatia is sending eversheds a copy of charges, do I need 2 do that or should I leave it they have had 3 copies already. The thread i read was the most recent one.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, I have good news nationwide have paid £799.89 of the £1191.49 that they owe me. I can not believe how fast they put money in my account, that I have forgotten what to do next. Can someone advise me on this please.:confused:

Can anybody advise on what I should do next, because I still can not believe they paid so fast. But I have another problem the figures do not add up. I checked my account again today and nationwide paid £809.89 into my account I had £45.99 in there, but the total was £856.30, I do'nt understand :confused: can someone help me please.

Thank you sunshinegal, I was wondering wether I should write them a letter with a schedule of the charges. Your right though! I will not stop until I get it all, and then crap1 will be next.

Larger claims are usually paid over a few days and don't always make sense, like costs + charges + interest. Give them till the end of play on Monday, then send an email/letter as they are easily recorded. You may find that they've topped up your payout by then.

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

Thanks Kelly, I was getting a little jittery about it, and its very tempting to just go and start spending, but I know that, that would be silly, as I hav'nt recieved it all yet.

Hi everyone ,nationwide have paid up but they are disputing £50, my first charge.

They say that the onus is on me to prove that they owe me that, they forget I have the statement and its written in black and white. They have also said that I must use the notice of charges but use the statements. I'm just glad I kept every single statement and the notice of charges instead of shredding them. So I'll be photocopying it as I want all of MY money.

Anyway I'm rambling on and that could go on for hours.

I would like to say Thank You to all who helped me with my claim, as I have said before, if it was'nt for Martin Lewis and CAG I would not have had the courage to take nationwide.

THANK YOU.

Oh, what do I do now, should I write to the court sending them a notice of dicontinuace or should I wait until they contact me? :confused:

Capital One here I come :D

Congrats Micheboo!!

The jitters were all part of the fun :p If you're hell bent on getting your remaining £50 (with your evidence I certainly would), then you need to send an acceptance of partial settlement letter. The claim should remain open until you have every penny of your claim in your account.

Well done and good luck with the last leg!

K.

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck

Hi everyone, sent nationwide a acceptance of partial settlement letter yesterday with a photocopy of my statement showing the charge they just happened to miss out. I checked my account this morning and they have added the £321.47, bringing the total up to £1137.77. This is all good but they still owe me £50.

Let see what happens anyway, I'm sure it will be there by the end of the week.

Hi Micheboo!

It is NOT for Nationwide to apportion any monies that they have paid U.

They have Defended the FULL amount that U have Claimed, have they not??

They could have entered a PARTIAL Defence, but chose not to.

Therefore they either accept that the WHOLE of your Claim is valid + pay it in it's entirety.

...Or else pay NOTHING + Defend EVERYTHING that is Claimed!!!

Hope U remembered to mention in your PoC what was advised in the following link??!...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31575-important-things-you-really.html?garpg=6

Hi Micheboo,

I am having a bit of trouble getting all of my claim from them as well. They paid the charges outstanding on the 7th June, but not the court costs or interest. I received a letter from Nationwide today stating that they had paid the charges, interest and court costs, but after checking my account still no interest or court costs. I phoned them and spoke to rather snotty lady named Tracey, who said they had paid the charges, to which I replied yes but where was the remaining interest and court costs. I could hear here tapping away on her computer and she then said it was not her department but she would make sure it was put into the account tomorrow and before I could reply she put the phone down (must be stressed all this money they are paying back! :D ). The 28days are up tomorrow so I can guess the defence will be that they have paid so I will be checking my account again tomorrow with interest.

Hi all, Thanx for your reply's. MTM, Nationwide may have defended all of my claim but they still owe me £50, I sent them a copy of the statement, to which the two charges relate to. As I wrote in my previous post I sent them a letter of partial settlement with that photocopy, on that same day I recieved the remainder of the balance that say they owe me.

What do I do now as they still have'nt paid the £50, and I have'nt heard from the court either.:confused:

Hello Micheboo!

What do I do now as they still have'nt paid the £50, and I have'nt heard from the court either.:confused:
???...Of Course U HAVE heard from the Court!!!...

The defendant disputes all or part of my claim

When they sent U details of Nationwide's Defence, the Court would have also sent U an ALLOCATION QUESTIONAIRE, did they not??!

If U want the £50 of YOUR money that Nationwide still won't give U back, U will have to carry on with your Claim + fill the AQ in + send it back to the Court, along with the appropriate fee.

(...U will get your AQ fee refunded when U win your Claim)

It is very important that U do this within the Court's stated deadline.

For further guidance about how to fill in your AQ, look at the further links that are given re: AQ's, within McWILLS Thread...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/93058-mcwills-nationwide.html

It isn't as daunting as U may think...Honest!...;)

If the Court has sent U a copy of Nationwide's Defence (N152 Form), they SHOULD have also sent U an AQ (N150 Form) + possibly a N271 Form also!

...as per the link in my last Post.

Which of the above are U saying that U have/haven't received??

No I have'nt been sent any of those forms, the last thing I recieved from the court was Notice that Acknowledgement of service has been served.

Claim issued on 11/05/07

Sent by Court to Nationwide on 17/05/07

Deemed Served on 20/05/07

Acknowledgement of Service on 25/05/07

...Nationwide may have defended all of my claim but they still owe me £50
It was this post of yours (Mon), that led me to assume that Nationwide had actually submitted a Defence, that the Court had passed on to U!

On reflection, with the info in your last post, your next course of action should be to get on to Croydon County Court + check to see if Nationwide have actually filed a Defence with the Court yet.

I personally think that it is MUCH better if a Claimant goes via the N1 Form route, rather than via MCOL, cos it removes the easy facilitation for natural impetuosity that some have to File for 'Judgement by Default' too soon.

Hi all, Thanx MTM I do'nt know what I would do if you were not here to help me.

I called Croydon County Court first thing this morning, and the nice lady I spoke to told me that they put in there defence last friday, so I should recieve the paperwork, either this morning or tomorrow (postie has'nt arrived yet).

I have just recieved a reply to my acceptance of partial settlement from nationwide its the same fob off letter I recieved for the prelim and LBA, what are they on? :mad:

Still no defence or allocation questionaire. :confused:

Hi everyone, just recieved nationwide's defence from the court, saying its been paid. What a bunch of jokers. Anyway thats the end of that. Its been fun.

Thank you for all those who helped me with my claim especially MilkTrayMan, thanx for helping reclaim what is rightfully mine. :D

...just recieved nationwide's defence from the court, saying its been paid...Anyway thats the end of that. Its been fun.
Post again when the AQ deadline for the £50 that Nationwide still owe U is due!...;)

In the meantime, it might help if U reminded them that cos some money is outstanding, U WILL be continuing your Claim against them?!...:)

Hi all, sorry MTM should have been abit clearer in my last post, I recieved my £50 on the same day I recieved the defence from the court. So I'm happy, I thought it was a great birthday present.

Capital One next. hehehe

Thanx again.