Woolfie v's RFS

woolfie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a lot of problems with Renault Financial Services and would like the default removed which they placed on my file. Its a long story but I hope you can stick with it.

I bought a car from a local dealer back in 2002 on HP. All was well for the first few months then I fell behind with the payments. I received a call from them demading payment or they were going to reposess the car. I made an arrangement to pay and payed them £400 over the phone there and then telling them I would pay the rest of the outstanding amount on the same day the following month.

Three weeks later at 21:15 two men came to the door and demanded the keys to the car as they were there on behalf of the finance company. After much argument I handed over they keys and the car was subsequently sold at auction leaving me owing in the region of £6000.

Despite many threatening letters and phonecalls I refused to pay this as firstly the collection agents had been aggresive and threatening at the door (unknown to them I had an independant withness) and secondly because they came to the door at 9:15pm which they are not allowed to do (9pm being the cut off). I have not heard any more from them in about two years but the default is still on my CRA file and I would like it removed.

On the CRA file it states that the account is settled but i am concerned that if i write to Renault Finance it will set the ball rolling again and I will start getting nast phonecalls again.

I would be most grateful if you could give me some advice.

Thanks

W

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hiya.....I totally surprised with RFS as I have dealt with them for years and it's seem pretty heavy handed from them. I would ask myselve a couples of questions .

Do I need the default removed after all ur credit file sates it's settled ?

Can I afford to repay outstanding balance ?

How long ago was the default places ? if it was in 2002 then u would only need to wait another year as it would be removed after 6 yrs...