• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Nationwide ! **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi jane,

We are filing 2mrw against NW The letter has just made us even more determined.

What winds me up loads is the fact that they tell me that I have 8 weeks intill I can complain to the FCA!! Thing is im not complaining to the FCA I just want my money back!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

MUPPETS

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OOps i meant the FSA. Obviously I havent had enough caffine this morning...

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Hello everyone :-)

This morning at 10am I filed my N1 aganst NW. My claim will take a little longer as I have put in for an exemption. I will keep you all updated on the progress.

Bite me Nationwide!!!

Way to go......I will do mine Mon 21st. I am now investigating reclaiming on another account that was open from 1992-2000 seems as if Nationwide have an archive in Northampton which could give me some info on the account:)

I am watching Lisa Best Of Luck

Jane

Sigh, Sigh, Sigh.

Bad news this morning :-(

Had a letter form the courts this morning it goes like this:-

Dear Mrs Lisa_Martin,

Thank you for your application for a fee remission in the above case. I am sorry but on the information you have provided I am not able to agree to your request.

The guidelines that we work to are set out by the Court Service Headquarters and the Benefits Agengy table for assessing Income Support (Determination of Means Guidelines). If you want a copy of those documents please let me know.

In this case I cannot accept your application because:

a) Your financial circumstances are such that I consider you are able to pay all of the fee. The sum payable is £50 If you wish to pay this, please return your papers, with this letter and your cheque payable to "HMCS".

If you wish you application to be reconsidered please provide further evidence of your circumstances. If you have anyquestions you wish to ask please contact the court and ask for me.

If you wish to appeal against my decision you should write to The Court Manager Ms H Skaith at the above address within 14days of the date of this letter. You should give your reasons for the appeal and let the appeals officer have any evidence to help your application. If your appeal is successful we with deal with your process straight away. Please therefore include your papers with your appeal.

Yours faithfully,

Sigh, Sigh, Sigh.

guess i'll have to reconsider/appeal then :x

What I dont understand is living off Incapacity Banefit isnt a great amount of money so why have I been refused :-| and what can I do help prove that I cant affored the fee?

hmmmm :x:confused::x

Hi Lisa martin!

Don't become dis-heartened re: Fees.

Check out the very bottom paragragraph of the following link and further follow the links contained within that paragraph...

County Court Fees

Even if U are NOT deemed to be exempt from having to pay the necessary County Court Fees up front, when U win your Claim against Nationwide, U will be able to claim back those Fees from Nationwide anyway!

anyway it all sux,

am at the moment gathering evidence so i can show Torbay County Court that I am well and truly skint!

it just sooooooooooo peronal :(

• 3 weeks later...

Right OOOOOO,

Since I last updated my hubbys thread Ive been busy gassin on my halifax thread and just realised maybe I should update this one.

Whats been happening is this:

My husband and I are in reciept of benefits. Incapacity Benefit for me to be exact. We went to file our N1's about 3 weeks ago, we took what we thought would be the required evidence to court along with our exemption form to be told that Incapacity Benefit wasn't exempt from the court costs.

In the meantime we found out that we are entitled Income support which is acceptable Benefit to be exempt from the court costs. (we tried to claim Income Support before but for some bizzare reason we were told that we were not entitled. This is currently being investigated by DWP at the moment so i'm looking forward to gettin some back payment from them)

Had to wait awhile for my new claim for Income Support to be up and running and to get the desired piece of paper that shows the required information needed for the exemption. That came on Friday. So today I have updated both spreadsheets and POC for haliprats and Nationwide oh and printed out the N1's of course too.

So there you go. lets see what will happen 2mrw.

Sorry ive abonded you guys here in Nationwide But I am back now

Mwaaaahhaaahahahahahahah

Hiya Lisa,

Just popping in to say hi, and to see how you are getting on...:D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Blinkin eck!!!

Dont u get everywhere! lol

Well I couldnt go to the court today, wasnt for the sake of trying but I have my daughter off school she has a very high tempreture and of course with my illness I couldnt do it. So I have had 2 copys made of my Income support claim and sent all the N1's and all other relevent information to the court. I have sent them VIA Signed for 1st class so im hoping that they will get there 2mrw morning!

Guess the ball will br rolling from 2mrw

Excellent, well hopefully you wont have to wait too long.

I hope your little one feels better soon, you know where i am..:D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 3 weeks later...

HIya, quick update.

N1 issued on 18th june 2007

deemed to be served on the 21st June.

Defendant has intill the 5th July to acknowledge.

so watch this space!!! Thats a week thursaday :-D

Hehehehe

ps wrote this thread cos hubby was moaning that I wasnt keeping upto date on it.

cheek

Today I have heard from the court that Nationwide intend to defend the claim.

The letter from the court goes like this:-

The defendant filed Acknowledgement of the Service on the 26th June 2007

The defendant responded to the claim indicationg an intention to defend all of the claim.

The defendant has 28days from the date of the claim form with particulars of claim, or of the particulars of claim to file a defence.

The acknowledgement was filled by the solicitors acting for the defendant who have given the following name and address for service of documents.

Eversheds Llp

1 Callaghan square

Cardiff

CF10 5GY

Now I am shaking in my boots, is this normal procedure? Im sure it is I know it is but now i am bricking it, does that mean they have 28days from the 26th june to pay up??

Im sooooo scared now :-(

Today I have heard from the court that Nationwide intend to defend the claim.

The letter from the court goes like this:-

The defendant filed Acknowledgement of the Service on the 26th June 2007

The defendant responded to the claim indicationg an intention to defend all of the claim.

The defendant has 28days from the date of the claim form with particulars of claim, or of the particulars of claim to file a defence.

The acknowledgement was filled by the solicitors acting for the defendant who have given the following name and address for service of documents.

Eversheds Llp

1 Callaghan square

Cardiff

CF10 5GY

Now I am shaking in my boots, is this normal procedure? Im sure it is I know it is but now i am bricking it, does that mean they have 28days from the 26th june to pay up??

Im sooooo scared now :-(

Thanks for this thread - I take it that is the address to send my schedule off to???????????????

Looking at other threads I think your 28 days are from the 21st when your claim was served , but I'm not too sure so dont quote me on that one!!!

My claim was served on 27th so I'm just behind you :o

GOOD LUCK WITH IT ALL :) :)

That is Nationwide solicitors address, you still send all your relevent documents to Nationwide main address.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Has anybody been credited their bank charges on a Sunday before?

Just wondering if this can happen?

LOL I am checking online and seeing lol ;-)

Anyway, theres nothing in there yet!!

No blinkin post tomorrow either :-(

***SIGH***

I wish it did!

I so wish they would hurry up as I have a fueral to go to 200miles away and could do with them coughin up before hand.

knowing Nationwide they will hang on in there till the very last moment.

I wish it did!

I so wish they would hurry up as I...could do with them coughin.

...knowing Nationwide they will hang on in there till the very last moment.

U make it sound as though U are in Nationwide's Will?!...:o :p

LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOL

Do you know I hadnt noticed that and can assure you that it wasnt intentional lol, Or maybe was it subconsiously :-)

...maybe was it subconsiously
Or even subconsCiously??!

Check online + see
Paradoxical don't ya think??!

...Especially when C = The speed of light!

Or am I missing something, NOT just U??!...pmsl...:grin: ;-)