• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Halifax unclaimed bank charges. ** WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI guys, I haven't long been on this site, but after reading your threads I thought I might jump on the thread bandwagon and start one of my own in realation to reclaiming my bank charges with the halifax.

Basically I am looking for £500 this is the amount of unauthorised charges I had on my account last year and the only time ive ever had them as i lost my job:mad:

Anyway, I have sent in my prelim on the 19th April and I have recieved a letter back.

Which goes like this.......

Thannk you for your recent complaint ....blah blah blah.........one of my collegues will fully investigate your complaint.....blah blah blah.....We will settle your complaint as early as possible or if not we will write and update you of our progress in 4 weeks.............Blah blah blah

yours sincerely

Silly person

Do I just hang out now intill I hear somethin? Im not sure :-?

Cheers

Lisa

• Haha 1

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi thanks for that 1159skunk,

Their time is up as from the 3rd of May. I will send LBA dated the 4th and go on from there.

I shall update ;-)

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Cheers Tinhat, I think our experiances will help other CAG members along with claiming their bank charges!!!

hi tinhat-which address did you send sar for halifax please

lloyds S.A.R -sent 04/04/200

statements received 11/05/2007

prelim-14/05/2007 -£4987

lba-30/05/2007

n1-20/07/2007

Co-Op prelim sent-20/04/2007-£136.50

settled in full

goldfish prelim-27/06/2007

capital one -deemed served -01/07/2007

settlement without cci offered 17/07/2007

halifax prelim-17/07/2007

aqua--prelim-13/07/2007

welcome-prelim-30/06/2007

lba-14/07/2007

Jubaxt send everything to

HALIFAX PLC

TRINITY ROAD

HALIFAX

WEST YORKSHIRE

HX1 2RG

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I have filed 2 claims into the Halifax and their time is now up as of Friday 27th April and today, I am due to send the next letter (LBA). Do I send copies of the letters and statements which they already have on my file? it seems a waste of time to copy and send them all again.........please advise me :D

Yes send the spread sheets again.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi there,

I have a claim in for Halifax but I didn't send my statements in....I have every statemnt for 14 years so I put in my prelim that they should refer to their archives :-D Ohh not to mention saving the trees too ;-)

Hi Lisa, You should do a spreadsheet anyway just incase they ask for a schedule of your charges. You will need this if you end up filing a claim with the courts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

hiya guys :-)

2mrw is the day I send my LBA to Haliprats :-) Shall post when I get a response :D

HI Lisa

Good luck! My LBA goes off to Halifax on Tuesday 8th May, so I'm watching what happens with your case like a hawk. I too have received the standard response from them. I'm claiming £1,202 in unlawful charges but am just in the process of working out the interest figure for the LBA. What have you done about interest (JUST OUT OF INTEREST!)? I didn't mention interest in my prelim and so now think I may just send my LBA and wait until the next stage for the interest. What do you think? Suze ;)

Hiya Anti halipratzians LOL

The Interest goes on your N1 or MCOL application after the 2weeks expires on your LBA. Calculate the interest from the 1st bank charge within the 6year period also on that you can include your costs i.e paper, stamps, time. But DONT forget to ADD on your N1/MCOL COSTS LOL!!!

Let me know how you go suze & allycat. This will be fun :D :D :D

Thanks Lisa and Alley-Cat

Will stay simple for now, to be honest more than happy to get back the £1,202 they charged unlawfully, so the interest will be a bonus when I take them to court!

Will now start looking at MCOL, don't we just spend hours on this?

Suze ;)

Hello Everyone!

Just sent my LBA recorded delivery LOL I am keen :D 14days are tickin....tick....tock.....tick.....tock hehehehe quite exciting

Hi Lisa

Have never known time go so quickly, can't believe my LBA goes off on Tuesday. I have been so inspired that I have started the ball rolling for friends that have NatWest trouble, sent their SAR today. Like you say Lisa, tick...tock...tick...tock:D

Keep positiv, Suze ;)

Hey Suze, how you doing?

we have a claim against nationwide too, but the appear to be draggin their heels. the LBA went to them on monday so a week on moday we will be sending in the N1 too woooooohooooooooooo!!!! Its all happening! I love this site and reading everybodys success storys is really inspiring :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hey Owl,

That is fantastic news! I'm not far behind you then. Let me know how your going. Would be great to compare situations!

Just wanted to say that I havent heard anything today either :-| I hate this waiting...................:eek:

Hi all,

I filed my claim on MCOL on 16th April, halifax have acknowledged which gives them 28 days from then to do something. Nothing as yet!

Still waiting patiently.

Also have MCOL's for Natwest and LTSB which were issued on 29th April, natwest have just acknowledged so 28 days for them too!

Bring it on!!!

You are busy!!!

Your just a lil bit in front of me as I cant issue my N1 intill a week Thurday tho we do have a N1 for nationwide to go in on a week on monday. But i am secretly hoping that the banks will just deposit the money!! after all halifax is only for £500 and nationwaide is £300 lol. it will never happen tho :-(