HSBC.. What a bizzare..

putera79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was away when I sent LBA letters to HSBC CA (Bournemouth), and CC on the 13 April, I just came back yesterday to my home (midlands) and I get all the reply and as usual they offer all the standing charges w/o interest!. Question2x.. please advise..

HSBC CA

1. The letter dated 18 April and I have got 10 days to reply to get about £867 without interest. Even the figure is slightly different than my claim on the spreadsheet. It was £950.50 plus + 140.19 interest. Should I ignore them and fill in for MCOL, and I am not sure is there hug backlog on the MCOL. How long it's going to take?

2. Can I accept the payment and still request the interest on the MCOL or what is the best method currently?

HSBC CC

1. HSBC CC just offered me 50%, and it was £106 and again it's differ from my calculation. It should be £296. I will not going to accept only half of it, and asked them to remove any mark on my credit rating. What usually people do for HSBC Credit Card offer?

I might thinking they might be right since they could compute exactly that but the spreadsheet too can't be that far wrong.

Thanks and I know it's a lot of question there.

Answers in Blue :-)

Hi all,

I was away when I sent LBA letters to HSBC CA (Bournemouth), and CC on the 13 April, I just came back yesterday to my home (midlands) and I get all the reply and as usual they offer all the standing charges w/o interest!. Question2x.. please advise..

HSBC CA

1. The letter dated 18 April and I have got 10 days to reply to get about £867 without interest. Even the figure is slightly different than my claim on the spreadsheet. It was £950.50 plus + 140.19 interest. Should I ignore them and fill in for MCOL, and I am not sure is there hug backlog on the MCOL. How long it's going to take? If you are going to reject this then you should send a rejection letter. There is a large backlog with the courts but you will get your money back eventually but will probably take about 3 months from now.

2. Can I accept the payment and still request the interest on the MCOL or what is the best method currently? No you can't and they won't pay up if you are going to continue the court case.

HSBC CC

1. HSBC CC just offered me 50%, and it was £106 and again it's differ from my calculation. It should be £296. I will not going to accept only half of it, and asked them to remove any mark on my credit rating. What usually people do for HSBC Credit Card offer? You should still be going for the full amount unless you can't afford to wait.

I might thinking they might be right since they could compute exactly that but the spreadsheet too can't be that far wrong. Not sure what you mean here are you saying that you estimated the charges or do you have statements and fill them out on the spreadsheet? If it is the latter then you should continue to claim for the full amount.

Thanks and I know it's a lot of question there.

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

Thank you mate, it's such relief now. I will probably continue for MCOL, let them run...

I am always using a spreadsheet and recheck all the statements, hence I believe there is only one winner here, but with bank statement, we could make a mistake by identifying the charges, I wish I have all the statements in digital form.

Thanks again.