Confused by MCOL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I submitted and paid for my claim against Nationwide using MCOL on Thursday night (26th April) and yesterday I got my Notice of Issue letter.

However, the letter states:

Your claim was issued on the 13th April 2007. The court sent it by first class post on the 13th April 2007 and it will be deemed to be served on the 18th April 2007. The defendant has until the 2nd May to reply.

I'm really confused by this - how could it be issued and deemed served before I submitted it?

[COLOR=magenta][COLOR=purple]Moorcroft DCA - CCA Requests (x2) sent 06/01/2007, 1 x CCA supplied and payments being made, one account passed back to Royal Bank of Scotland. Regal Credit demanded immediate payment in Nov 07, sent away with a flea in their ear as RBS is in breach of CCA.[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=magenta][COLOR=seagreen]Anonymous postcard from FCM Jan 08 can only be connected to this RBS farce![/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]Meritforce reported to TS, ICO, FOS and Ofcom April 07 for harassment and breaches of Data Protection Act over a debt that was paid more than a year ago! dec 07 ICO finally agree that DPA was breached but say that the law does not allow them to take any action![/COLOR] [COLOR=royalblue]Roxburghe DCA - CCA Request sent 06/01/2007, Unable to comply letter received 14/01/07.[/COLOR]

I finally managed to get through to them this morning. Apparently the whole system had a bit of a hiccup last Thursday and Friday and logged everything under the wrong dates. I was told they'd sorted it out and re-issued the cliam and that a new Notice of Issue would be sent.

[COLOR=magenta][COLOR=purple]Moorcroft DCA - CCA Requests (x2) sent 06/01/2007, 1 x CCA supplied and payments being made, one account passed back to Royal Bank of Scotland. Regal Credit demanded immediate payment in Nov 07, sent away with a flea in their ear as RBS is in breach of CCA.[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=magenta][COLOR=seagreen]Anonymous postcard from FCM Jan 08 can only be connected to this RBS farce![/COLOR] [/COLOR][COLOR=magenta]Meritforce reported to TS, ICO, FOS and Ofcom April 07 for harassment and breaches of Data Protection Act over a debt that was paid more than a year ago! dec 07 ICO finally agree that DPA was breached but say that the law does not allow them to take any action![/COLOR] [COLOR=royalblue]Roxburghe DCA - CCA Request sent 06/01/2007, Unable to comply letter received 14/01/07.[/COLOR]

Guest ArthurP
I submitted and paid for my claim against Nationwide using MCOL on Thursday night (26th April) and yesterday I got my Notice of Issue letter.

However, the letter states:

Your claim was issued on the 13th April 2007. The court sent it by first class post on the 13th April 2007 and it will be deemed to be served on the 18th April 2007. The defendant has until the 2nd May to reply.

I'm really confused by this - how could it be issued and deemed served before I submitted it?

How odd.

Guest ArthurP
Maybe the courts are so busy these days that they're farming out MCOL serving to the DCA's! :lol:

:D Quite possibly diskmandave! I'd have thought burn-out for the court system with all that is going on lately.

It's great!:)

I got this e-mail from them today:

Dear

Thank you for your enquiry. We are aware that the online system had a 'glitch' for a period of time and has incorrectly dated a number of claims, those submitted on 26th and 27th April were dated 13th April.

The online and court systems have been corrected and a corrected claim form will be sent to the defendant so that they are aware of the correct response times.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Regards,

A Brzezina,

Administration Assistant

Northampton CCBC