Fred Bassett v MBNA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just noticed that the account number quoted by MBNA and Global is completely different, although the amount they claim I owe is the same. Is there any significance in this?

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I think the DCA's just produce a new number to tie in with their filing system.

So how does this explain that MBNA quoted the same number and presumably, their letter was sent first - although they were both in the same envelope? This is a sixteen-digit credit card number - would Arrow Global use a number like that? I may be able to check this as my old Egg Credit Card account has also been bought by Arrow.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I'm still looking into this, but I'm fairly certain that an account like this starting with 4129 is a credit card account. So why would Arrow use and account number like this? I wonder if there has been a boob. At the very least, when I first get contacted by the Wescot idiots I will tell them I don't recognise this number and leave them to explain.

Fred

If it's come in the same envelope it could be that Arrow produced both of them, I have read on other threads that this does happen!

If they are still using the 16 digit reference number, could it be from an old expired card? This happened with one of mine that I just happened to remember the number of.

Thanks dpick.

I'll use it to wind up Wescot in the first instance.

Regards.

Fred

Well well.

My MBNA account has also just been flogged to Arrow to be managed by Westcot, (who had it already). As I have it in writing from MBNA that they cannot produce an agreement, or due to the age of the account even come up with a realistic reconstruction, Arrow have bought a pup.

Will wait until Westcot contact me regarding this, then quite cheerfully tell them to **** off.

David

Well well.

My MBNA account has also just been flogged to Arrow to be managed by Westcot, (who had it already). As I have it in writing from MBNA that they cannot produce an agreement, or due to the age of the account even come up with a realistic reconstruction, Arrow have bought a pup.

Will wait until Westcot contact me regarding this, then quite cheerfully tell them to **** off.

David

Hi David,

Is the account number they quote one you are familiar with?

Regards.

Fred

Got the same letter today - Arrow have just got another pig in a poke!

Steve,

Given what you said in your previous post, I'm now wondering what to do about this. There are plenty of other ways to get Wescot disappearing up their own orifice. I'm just amazed by this. I get 2 letters in the same envelope, both with a new account number. MBNA even state that "We're writing to let you know that we've assigned our rights in respect of the outstanding balance under the above referenced account to Arrow Global Guernsey Limited." But the above-referenced account, is not one that I've ever had and nowhere in this document is there a reference to what the previous MBNA account number was. What a stupid blunder. They could well be issuing default notices and court documents relating to an account number I've never had. Bloody idiots.

I think the best bet at the moment is to keep schtum.

Regards.

Fred

Agree Fred, see which way the cats going to jump.

I to found it a bit odd getting both letters in the same envelope, also they were delivered to me 10 days after the date, (according to the date on the letters), they were written.

All a bit strange until you look at the 'if undelivered please return to: PO Box 189, Huddersfield HD8 1DY' on the back of the envelope.

This return address is used by, among others, Westcot/Nelson Guest.

David

My old MBNA account has also been sold on to Arrow/Westcots, both letters in same envelope, dated 15th Jan, and with unrecognisable account number!

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

I think Victoria-sempre has also started a thread in respect of IDEM.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?335755-Sold-on-to-Idem

Nelson Guest are a solicitor for rent - if you write to them, they just hand over the letters to Wescott.

I would think with regard to the Assignments, that MBNA have had no input at all - They will have been printed by Arrow/Wescot - I am not sure how relevant that is.

I guess if you want to make them work for their money you could send the following letter..

Draft request for assignment - Amended Draft.doc

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

oh Fred I thought mine was running smoothly have been paying me £1.00 token for nearly three years to Allied and then I get a lovely love letter from Arrow they have bought it... So guess what, off has gone me CCA request, should be interesting..... Have been so busy on other offenders that I forgot I had an Virgin Card... my way was if the original creditor was playing ball I would leave well alone.... now it's time to see what they produce. !!!!!!!!!!! have had a old morgan stanley a barclaycard and a yorkshire bank CC confirmed by Crabot that it is uneforceable because the original cannot be found.

Must be lemon selling time, I do remember in my early stages of problems these guys offered a 70% reduction that was after 3 missed payments but was not a cagger then... Good luck Fred

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

• 1 month later...

Well it's been about 6 weeks since I was first informed that Arrow Global had bought this account and since then, nothing. I have noticed though that they have registered a default with the CRAs.

Edited by Fred Bassett

Well it's been about 6 weeks since I was first informed that Arrow Global had bought this account and since then, nothing. I have noticed though that they have registered a default with the CRAs though.

Snap.

Same here - not a word!:-)

L/Woods B/Card/Cabot - Unenforceable CCA, SD Issued *WON+COSTS*

Capital One/Cabot - No CCA account irrecoverable.

Citi/DLC Hillesden - No CCA account irrecoverable

MBNA/Aegis - Unenforceable CCA

B/Card/HFO - Unenforceable CCA

Fashion World - No CCA account irrecoverable

TRUECALL IS A GODSEND!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well today I got this in my post from my good friends Moorcroft:

Moorcroft1-1.jpg

Now when Arrow Global bought this account, they told me it was being looked after by Wescot, so it seems that Wescot gave up without a shot being fired - I've not had one letter from them.

I guess what ever you sent to Wescloths saw them off, Fred.. so send the same to Moorchumps.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D