Fred Bassett v MBNA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

That's interesting.. might be worth checking with Companies House. Surely they should have a forwarding address ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this gets more curious by the day. Today I received another letter from Aegis with the same Correspondence address - the one they have apparently 'gone away' from.

This time they are offering me a 60% discount on my MBNA account. So in the space of 3 months and without any correspondence from me (well none that they have received) they have offered me first a 40% discount and now a 60% discount. I think I'll re-offer them 5% and see what happens.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• 10 months later...

Well I've heard nothing on this account for close to a year until today when I got this: MBNA290711-1.jpg.

Apparently, MBNA are now going to pass this to an external debt collection agency to collect on their behalf. I've already seen off Iqor, Allied International and Aegis so I wonder what makes them think another one will be more successful.

Anyone else had one of these?

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Hi Fred, i havent had one of these yet but my last letter was to notify me they were considering their options and they would let me know. This could well be what i get. Still no cca in any form for me though. Keep fighting and updating :-)

It is just another quirky MBNA tactic designed to worry, intimidate.. oh and also keeps the people of Chester employed !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well I've heard nothing on this account for close to a year until today when I got this: MBNA290711-1.jpg.

Apparently, MBNA are now going to pass this to an external debt collection agency to collect on their behalf. I've already seen off Iqor, Allied International and Aegis so I wonder what makes them think another one will be more successful.

Anyone else had one of these?

Regads/QUOTE]

Exactly the same missive showed up yesterday, (despite a letter from them 6 months ago saying, as we can't actually find your CCA, we won't take action)

Thinking this is in effect just another threat-o-gram, a bit ya-boo.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Well I know now who will be getting nowhere with this account, it is my old mates Wescot. Yippee!!

Wescot1-1.jpg

I got back from holiday to find that MBNA and Wescot had kindly replenished my supply of toilet paper. They have obviously moved the filing cabinets and found the old dusty cobwebby stuff and are having one final go before running back to septic land with their tail between their legs.

MBNA must have managed to con Wescot into buying a truckload of lemons.

Made Oi larf it did.

Your sense of timing as usual Fred!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-14551304

Interesting. When you see how big an employee they are it is also easy to realise why it is that local Trading Standards fail to take action against them for some of the breaches of various laws.

Will we mourn the closing down of this part of the business? Silly question I suppose.

I got back from holiday to find that MBNA and Wescot had kindly replenished my supply of toilet paper. They have obviously moved the filing cabinets and found the old dusty cobwebby stuff and are having one final go before running back to septic land with their tail between their legs.

MBNA must have managed to con Wescot into buying a truckload of lemons.

Made Oi larf it did.

Wescot haven't bought this one, they are just 'collecting' on behalf of MBNA. I've just emailed them this:

18th August 2011

Wescot Credit Services Ltd

PO Box 137

Hull

HU2 8HF

Dear Sirs,

Your Reference D3/xxxxxxxx

I am on holiday for 2 weeks as from tomorrow and will be at my villa in Tuscany during that time, so unfortunately I will be unable to deal with this matter until my return in September. As you have asked me to reply to your letter IMMEDIATELY, however, I have now done so.

Yours faithfully,

Fred Bassett

• 2 weeks later...

Wescot, don't you just love 'em. In response to my wind up about the villa in Tuscany, they sent me this:

Good morning

Further to your recent email,

Please provide your full income and expenditure details along with your offer of repayment.

Regards

Paul Stephenson

Accounts Controller

Wescot, don't you just love 'em. In response to my wind up about the villa in Tuscany, they sent me this:

Good morning

Please provide your full income and expenditure details along with your offer of repayment.

Regards

Paul Stephenson

Accounts Controller

:lol:

BCOBS

Do these people have their sense of humour removed after joining up or is the lack of one part of the job description?

MBB

To be honest Bill, to have a sense of humour you also have to have a certain level of intelligence. Therein lies the problem.

Regards.

Fred

Wescot's reply to my bog off letter.

Good morning

I can confirm your comments have been noted and a memo raised with the client. The account has been placed on hold for a response to be received.

Kind regards

Paul Stephenson

Accounts Controller

• 2 months later...

Wescot didn't try very hard with this one did they?:

Wescotthrowinthetowel.jpg

Wonder who they will pass it to now?

Who's lower in the pecking order than Wescot? I don't think there are many.

• 2 months later...

Well I've not heard anything on this since I saw off Wescot a couple of months ago until today when I got this:

MBNAArrowGlobal1.jpg

MBNAArrowGlobal2a.jpg

Now the interesting thing is that Arrow Global have given it to Wescot to manage. This could get quite interesting.

Fred

Edited by Fred Bassett