Fred Bassett v MBNA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aiccard.jpg

This is the card from AIC that I received recently.

They'v tried to call me today as well. I think I will send them a letter now.

Regards.

Fred

contact Mr A Dickey?

surely not!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

Hi Fred my old buddy old pal!

Thought I'd subbed to this thread but maybe not :confused:, so have done now.

Hope you're ok.

xx

Hi help,

I'm fine thanks - busy as hell mind at work and at home. Nonetheless, looking forward to winding AIC up - I gather they are one of the nastier ones.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Same here - have now

You may have done. I had two threads going on the same topic (there was a reason for this but I can't remember what it was). I asked the mods to merge them last night.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Nonetheless, looking forward to winding AIC up - I gather they are one of the nastier ones.

Tip- They get a bit leery if you bang in a formal complaint, (to them and all in sundry), if they start playing silly b*uggers.

David

Tip- They get a bit leery if you bang in a formal complaint, (to them and all in sundry), if they start playing silly b*uggers.

David

Cheers David, I'll remember that. I don't usually bother with formal complaints but If they give me something to complain about I'll make one.

Regards.

Fred

They have been using restons, who went for summary judgement at the point of AQs, now it seems they have changed tack, and are using AIC to collect/harass, on unenforceable debts....i think this is ultimately an american company, set up to try to get the most money they can from these unenforceable agreements...anyone, correct me if im wrong

On another point, C L Finance have apparently just jumped on this bandwagon, with applications for summary judgement at the AQ stage

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

aiccard.jpg

This is the card from AIC that I received recently.

They'v tried to call me today as well. I think I will send them a letter now.

Regards.

Fred

Please tell me this came in an envelope !!

It did.

I'm just going to concoct a letter in response to the Gorbals girlie's 'phone call. Think I'll get my revenge in first.

Regards.

Fred

I wonder if Mr Dickey actually exists ?. This is a hell of a way to introduce yourself and surely must be against OFT guidelines.. somewhere ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

I had a similar situation as you. But I asked them where they operated from. Answer: Dublin.

I asked if they had anyone on the premises that was on the FSA register in the UK.

Answer: We arent regulated by the FSA in UK, we are in Ireland.

Question: Why are you trying to advise me on obligations and duties in respect of an alleged agreement in the UK? Why are you calling me when you have been asked not to? Why havnt you provided proof of a contract?

Answer: We have provided you all the information required.

Question: Clearly you havnt or I would not have sent you a LBA and a pre-action part 36 offer for you to settle.

Answer: When you go to court all that happens is no one wins?

Question: Are you qualified to give me any advice whatsoever?

Answer: gets generally ****ty and mumbles

Unfortunately I completely lose my rag with him!

I am going to send off a CCA request to MBNA tomorrow and have read some of the threads on here with a lot of interest.

Everything seems to point to MBNA having something to hide. A couple of years ago, when my financial situation finally exploded in my face, my dealings with MBNA were strange to say the least. They were the most aggressive of all my creditors by far (of those that didn't use a DCA) and they were absolutely DESPERATE to stop me dealing with the matter through the CCCS.

I remember one particular series of calls:

A very aggressive bloke (Irish) rang me very late in the evening - gone 9pm. I was doing all I could by sorting out everything through the CCCS and I was annoyed, so I told him to **** off. The following day a woman rang me (also Irish) and she was much more conciliatory, but I still wouldn't budge. It turned out that this conversation was being listened in to by another man (Irish too) who did his absolute best to persuade me not to go the CCCS, claiming such things as 'You're a very proud man Mr Bassett, we can sort something out here, they're not acting in your interest' etc. What's the Irish connection here?

I felt then that they had something to hide and now I'm certain of it.

So tomorrow I'm going to kick off proceedings against MBNA and I'll keep you posted.

One question please - Does the non-production of the original credit agreement mean that they can't enforce the entire debt, or does it just apply to the interest and charges?

Thanks in advance.

Fred

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have done CitiB. I'm also about to pm you about something.

Regards.

Fred

Ok :D

BCOBS

hi Fred!

MBNA certainly love playing pass the parcel with your account!:D Makes life exciting wondering what new ponfeeder they going to pass you onto!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Many of the The MBNA staff at call centre in Ireland do mumble! I had trouble understanding them and had to keep replaying my answer machine over and over again to try and get any sense out of message but an impossible task!:rolleyes:After playing it back ten times or more me and Oh were still none the wiser as to what what he was trying to say.A shame that a lovely place like Ireland has to be asscoiated with MBNA in my mind now!MBNA has spoilt my image of Ireland a bit:eek:. Ireland always used to be associated in my mind with nice warm kind friendly people now image has been ruined with MBNA overshadowing it:eek:

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Many of the The MBNA staff at call centre in Ireland do mumble! I had trouble understanding them and had to keep replaying my answer machine over and over again to try and get any sense out of message but an impossible task!:rolleyes:After playing it back ten times or more me and Oh were still none the wiser as to what what he was trying to say.A shame that a lovely place like Ireland has to be asscoiated with MBNA in my mind now!MBNA has spoilt my image of Ireland a bit:eek:. Ireland always used to be associated in my mind with nice warm kind friendly people now image has been ruined with MBNA overshadowing it:eek:

I agree with you SF. However, my faith was restored when opting for the Post Office Broadband. Initially there were a few teething problems. However their call centre is based in Ireland, however, there, ALL the call centre staff, IT techies and Customer service guys were very nice, very helpful and well spoken. :D

BCOBS

Hi Fred , looks like MBNA are up to all their usual old tricks with you. Nearing successful conclusion of my case now, made sure I took all the evidence of their behaviour into court, caught them out on a couple of lies - i.e. they told the ICO that that hadn't passed the account to a DCA (Debt Clear Recoveries) that they were data processors (Oh right, so that is why they wrote to me telling me they had purchased the debt!) The changes of account number were they stated due to a system update in 2006 whilst stating due to charge off in 2008in their witness statement and then showing statements with the original account number after these dates - only got latter at last minute! Keep ploughing on and keep everything even envelopes!

Hi Fred , looks like MBNA are up to all their usual old tricks with you. Nearing successful conclusion of my case now, made sure I took all the evidence of their behaviour into court, caught them out on a couple of lies - i.e. they told the ICO that that hadn't passed the account to a DCA (Debt Clear Recoveries) that they were data processors (Oh right, so that is why they wrote to me telling me they had purchased the debt!) The changes of account number were they stated due to a system update in 2006 whilst stating due to charge off in 2008in their witness statement and then showing statements with the original account number after these dates - only got latter at last minute! Keep ploughing on and keep everything even envelopes!

Hi Miss Muppett, I'll have to have a look at your thread - not sure if I'm subscribed to it or not, but then I'm subscribed to nearly 800!

It's getting quite interesting on the MBNA front. I suspect that we will soon see a new batch of 'Heads of Customer Assitance' before too long.

Regards.

Fred

I agree with you SF. However, my faith was restored when opting for the Post Office Broadband. Initially there were a few teething problems. However their call centre is based in Ireland, however, there, ALL the call centre staff, IT techies and Customer service guys were very nice, very helpful and well spoken. :D

Hi CitB

Yes! Its great your faith was rstored with your nice call centre staff!i shouldent let MBNA spoil my image of Ireland, and i do love thier music and like you their baileys !:)It looks like going by miss muppets experience that Restons had another grand day in court making themselves loook like plonkers in front of Dj!:D

Well done miss muppet! Date processor purchasers! Thats a new one!:D and what an encouraging post that you saw them off!:D

Well, I don't know about you Fred but I was getting a bit bored with Gail and Matthew! Sunflower it was Optimistic Legal in my case - I particularly liked their reply to my CPR 18 request i.e. that they were not going to allow me to conduct a fishing exercise, they finally supplied the statements with their first witness statement when they applied for summary judgement and a big legal costs schedule - Judge didn't like that one and when she tried to object to my costs he shot her down in flames!

• Haha 1

Well, I don't know about you Fred but I was getting a bit bored with Gail and Matthew! Sunflower it was Optimistic Legal in my case - I particularly liked their reply to my CPR 18 request i.e. that they were not going to allow me to conduct a fishing exercise, they finally supplied the statements with their first witness statement when they applied for summary judgement and a big legal costs schedule - Judge didn't like that one and when she tried to object to my costs he shot her down in flames!

Hi miss muppet!

A fishing exercise! LOL :D Your post gives hope to us all!:D

I would be very interested in a witness statement describing your experience

• 1 year later...

I've got a new (to me) outfit called Aegis on this account now. They've offered me a 40% discount. From the tone of their letter they're not too hopeful. Has anyone dealt with this lot? If so, what can I expect?

Regards.

Fred