Fred Bassett v MBNA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Fred

Cavalry to the rescue! Husband had identical letter today - have posted on Debt Collection Industry entitled "MBNA Default Notice/CCA" and have had brilliant advice - sorry will have to learn how to link but its taken me the best part of the day to learn to use Photobucket! Keep in touch - its neck and neck now:D

Cheers Empowered, I'll go and have a look.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Fred, Tomterm has an excellent sticky on the General Debt Forum re the proper format of default notices plus its also set out very clearly on the sticky for Statutes, CCA 1974 link, (Consumer Credit, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983.)

Sent my defence off on 29th, just waiting to see what happens now, ditto your story, no agreement.

Hi Fred, Tomterm has an excellent sticky on the General Debt Forum re the proper format of default notices plus its also set out very clearly on the sticky for Statutes, CCA 1974 link, (Consumer Credit, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983.)

Sent my defence off on 29th, just waiting to see what happens now, ditto your story, no agreement.

Thanks Miss Muppett, there's some interesting stuff on empowere's thread - looks like MBNA have boobed big time.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Thanks for that Fred, very interesting and good news for you and empowered.

They have done similar with me or rather Optima Legal has. Its a classic - DN I have in my possession dated 14th Feb. Optima Legal POC (claim for full amount) states DN served 18th Feb, time given to deal with 29th Feb)DN supplied by them as result of CPR request 13th Feb with no creditor name and address!

Of course I have felt it my duty to point this out in my defence!

Hello Fred!

Just to help others find empowered's Thread, here's the Link:

MBNA Default Notice/CCA

In turn, if anyone could point me to Tomterm's Sticky...

Tomterm has an excellent sticky on the General Debt Forum re the proper format of default notices

...I'd be very grateful!

Had a look, but can't seem to find it!

I've had similar Letters, seems the bankers have got back from their Summer Holidays on the Yacht/Golf Course and have issued a flurry of almost identical Letters and Default Notices to catch up!

Cheers,

BRW

Miss Muppet, I have looked and still cant find it ?. All I can find are Basic Introduction to Consumer Credit litigation and Basic Introduction to Consumer Credt Agreements ?. Nothing for Defaults.

To do a link back. Go into the thread, right click on the link in the address bar at the very top of your screen. Copy and paste the link to wherever :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you alpha:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well MBNA have 'instructed' IQOR to collect the debt - not sold it. Lying b******s. Here's the IQOR threatogram - I expect I'll get a few 'phone calls starting with "eh oop" now will I? I'm already doing battle with IQOR over my BOS preference account and at the moment I'm camped on the 5 metre line looking for a pushover or penalty try. This one should bring me the Heineken Cup.

IQORThreatogram01.jpg

Regards.

Fred.

Hello Fred!

I think their threat of Legal Action is just pants, as it sounds like they have, at best, an Equitable Assignment only.

Give'em hell Fred.

Cheers,

BRW

Well all they've got is a barely-readable application form and the current terms and conditions. They'll have a job with this one and frankly IQOR are nothing to worry about. I think they might be one of the "thirteen" - they are extremely cautious and very easy to get on the back foot.

In a perverse sort of way I'm quite looking forward to this one. Let battle commence Sir!

Regards.

Fred

Hi Fred

This is where we part company! Our debt has now been passed to Debt Clear Recoveries - oh dear - MBNA have an unenforceable agreement and no T/Cs relating to date of application. I feel another letter winging its way just to remind them that they cannot collect on this debt:D

Hi Fred

This is where we part company! Our debt has now been passed to Debt Clear Recoveries - oh dear - MBNA have an unenforceable agreement and no T/Cs relating to date of application. I feel another letter winging its way just to remind them that they cannot collect on this debt:D

Ah empowered, I feel sad now! I'll keep an eye on your thread. I've not had any dealings with Debt Clear Recoveries, but IQOR and me are old friends.

Good luck.

Regards.

Fred

Dear Fred

Hope you keep this thread updated i have read from the start to this last page

I keep trying to get my friends and family to challenge bank/card charges and ask for CCA but alas they are scared of the all poerful banks

I have tried to explain that the law protects both sides and with the world bank melt down taking place a hell of a lot of folks are now kicking back at the banks

Keepup the good work

max

Dear Fred

Hope you keep this thread updated i have read from the start to this last page

I keep trying to get my friends and family to challenge bank/card charges and ask for CCA but alas they are scared of the all poerful banks

I have tried to explain that the law protects both sides and with the world bank melt down taking place a hell of a lot of folks are now kicking back at the banks

Keepup the good work

max

Thanks Pol. I fired off a "I'm bemused" letter to IQOR last night. I send stuff to them by email now and it seems to work.

I will keep things up to date because I'm always grateful for the advice I get and I'm learning new stuff all the time.

Regards.

Fred

Apex are not very impressive are they?

Twice now I've had 'phone messages starting off with a human being then electronically asking for Mr Bassett to ring .... That's it. Anyone getting these messages will not know who to ring or what number to ring on. Personally I'll give it a miss anyway. They must sit there all day wondering why nobody has responded.

Regards.

Fred

Apex are not very impressive are they?

Twice now I've had 'phone messages starting off with a human being then electronically asking for Mr Bassett to ring .... That's it. Anyone getting these messages will not know who to ring or what number to ring on. Personally I'll give it a miss anyway. They must sit there all day wondering why nobody has responded.

Regards.

Fred

Due to the credit crunch, they havent been able to purchase the oil to keep the robot working properly:p

BCOBS

Due to the credit crunch, they havent been able to purchase the oil to keep the robot working properly:p

It really is stupid isn't it? The 'phone orangutang could easily complete the sentence but they pass it on to this "thing" that asks you do ring but doesn't tell you who to ring or what the number is! Brilliant!.

Regards.

Fred

Fred, I think you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioners office in respect of silent phone calls, which this appears to be in that no real message was left. Did you try the 1471 thing to see if there was a number registered ?

BCOBS

I've been a complete donkey here - the Apex calls don't relate to MBNA at all, they are in respect of my Lloyds TSB account. What an eejit. Anyway, IQOR, my old mates, are now looking after my MBNA account. Here are their latest offerings. Left hand, right hand.

Regards.

Fred

Slide1-22.jpg

Slide2-21.jpg

ah the classic 'valid even if not read by you'

diskmandave would be proud!

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

ah the classic 'valid even if not read by you'

diskmandave would be proud!

I think they ought to word it "may be valid even though it may not be read by you".

Regards.

Fred

• Haha 1

Hi all,

I've been following some of these threads as I'm in a similar position to several people on here and thought it was about time that I got my backside into gear and did something about it.

I sent off my CCA and SAR on August 15th (received on Aug 18th), I got back a shedload of transcripts covering phone calls (after the statutory cut-off date) but no copies of correspondance [as I understand it the 1998 DPA covers ALL communication], I also got a copy of my original application form [illegible and not countersigned] plus a single, undated copy of terms and conditions (again after the statutory cut-off date).

I sent another letter stating that this did not cover my requests and received a reply stating:

"I am confident that we have provided you with all the necessary information which we are required to provide you with, in accordance with s.78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and can confirm there are no further documents which we are required to provide you with, to confirm that you have entered into and owe money under the valid and enforceable credit card agreement."

As I don't believe that they HAVE provided me with the necessary documentation I then sent them another letter (I blantantly pinched Fred's from this thread [scales amended appropriately - I hope you don't mind Fred]) saying that they have not complied.

Could anybody please let me know if I'm correct here of if I'm making a complete MBNA of myself.

(Have currently got two letters telling me that they will default my account by the end of the month - both dated AFTER they got my last letter.)

Thanks.