Fred Bassett v MBNA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Fred!

I only started Logging these b*ggers from the start of this Year, but my Call Log Today stands at 1,357 Calls from a number of bankers.

MBNA even hassle my Answer Phone, which takes a very small mind I think...I just can't get excited talking to a machine!

Many bankers were highly active in 2007, but I never kept a Log then...but the evidence of some of those Calls are coming in now via S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), so they are handing me the 2007 Harassment Call Evidence themselves in some cases.

I don't take their annoying Calls now, but will soon do so just to get some names and Voice Recordings to put the icing on my Harassment Complaints against them.

I have to say it is very, very annoying...and causes great distress to my family. Effectively, the Phones are almost unusable for inbound Calls, which also affects our Business Line too.

But, softly softly catchy monkey, I will shove this up a banker or bankers if/when they blink first and decide to go to Court.

I must get more names however, that's what I need now! So, I will be talking to them soon, suitably recorded of course!

Cheers,

BRW

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Fred!

I only started Logging these b*ggers from the start of this Year, but my Call Log Today stands at 1,357 Calls from a number of bankers.

MBNA even hassle my Answer Phone, which takes a very small mind I think...I just can't get excited talking to a machine!

Many bankers were highly active in 2007, but I never kept a Log then...but the evidence of some of those Calls are coming in now via S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), so they are handing me the 2007 Harassment Call Evidence themselves in some cases.

I don't take their annoying Calls now, but will soon do so just to get some names and Voice Recordings to put the icing on my Harassment Complaints against them.

I have to say it is very, very annoying...and causes great distress to my family. Effectively, the Phones are almost unusable for inbound Calls, which also affects our Business Line too.

But, softly softly catchy monkey, I will shove this up a banker or bankers if/when they blink first and decide to go to Court.

I must get more names however, that's what I need now! So, I will be talking to them soon, suitably recorded of course!

Cheers,

BRW

BRW, I don't know who you have your 'phone and Internet with, but mine's with BT, so I got an additional number at no charge and another handset that links to the home hub. Then I gave all my friends and family the nuew number. When the old number rings there's a good chance it's a DCA or Bank and if necessary I can switch this through to a voicemail number (another BT service is the ability to transfer your calls). This may or may not help, but it's worth a thought.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Hello Fred!

Many thanks, I'm actually pretty well equipped there, but won't go into detail on the Forum!

Right now, no matter how inconvenient this is, I am letting them Harass us to gather the ammunition to shoot them down with later.

I hate it, but if I engineered them out of our Telephone lives, I'd not know the full extent of how far they really want to push this Harassment.

Once I have them nailed, I'll re-jig our numbers and remove the problem.

But, right now, I'm mid-battle with them, and if they want to have enough rope with which to hang themselves, I'm happy to give them all the rope they can handle!

There is method to my madness, and I know this won't go on forever.

If I can get a banker into Court on a Criminal Harassment action, I will.

Cheers,

BRW

Hello Fred!

Many thanks, I'm actually pretty well equipped there, but won't go into detail on the Forum!

Right now, no matter how inconvenient this is, I am letting them Harass us to gather the ammunition to shoot them down with later.

I hate it, but if I engineered them out of our Telephone lives, I'd not know the full extent of how far they really want to push this Harassment.

Once I have them nailed, I'll re-jig our numbers and remove the problem.

But, right now, I'm mid-battle with them, and if they want to have enough rope with which to hang themselves, I'm happy to give them all the rope they can handle!

There is method to my madness, and I know this won't go on forever.

If I can get a banker into Court on a Criminal Harassment action, I will.

Cheers,

BRW

Well good luck BRW. I wonder why it is that I'm getting such relatively little hassle. I haven't paid anything to MBNA since last year and I've been expecting an absolute flood of calls, but so far only a trickle. If I'm not already, I'll make sure that I'm subscribed to your thread.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

postcard.jpg

Pathetic, isn't it?

Fred

I got one with stalks of corn on it :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

MBNA rang me about an hour ago - I just told them "writing only please" and hung up. The 'phone rang again 10 seconds later, this time I just cut it off. Looks like they're getting desparate.

Fred

Yawn.

Slide1-14.jpg

Slide2-13.jpg

Oh Fred, are you tempted? lol

so a pink letter im so jealous not got one of them yet!

anyway, asking you to pay a much reduced amount, oh dear very desperate.

i will keep on looking this is like a game of chess, your next move sir....

have a fun eve and ciao to all MAZ

Edited by maz1964

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

tsk, tsk.. naught MBNA. It is against OFT guidelines to pressure an alleged debtor into borrowing money to pay of a debt. :p

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

tsk, tsk.. naught MBNA. It is against OFT guidelines to pressure an alleged debtor into borrowing money to pay of a debt. :p

Well despite what they've tried to tell me, they haven't got a properly executed or enforceable agreement and they know. If they did, I'm certain they would have taken me to court ages ago.

All of this stuff, plus the piles of 'homeowner loans' applications they send me are just giving me evidence. My credit file and rating are shot for the forseeable future anyway, but that's of no consequence to me because I've no intention ever of getting another credit card and my wife's credit rating is still nicely intact, so if we do need a small loan it will not be a problem.

I'm just interested now to see what they do next.

Regards.

Fred

Hello Fred

Been keeping a close eye on your Thread as we are both

at the same place , well I think im a bit ahead of you , had

a call today from Jane who demanded to talk to Tonka well

she is not in soz Jane , "well she Tonka will be paid a visit

as this is getting ridiculous" dont ya just luv em:lol:

Cheers T99

I'm just interested now to see what they do next.

They will sell the "debt" to Arrow Global if they follow the same pattern as they did with me.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Well despite what they've tried to tell me, they haven't got a properly executed or enforceable agreement and they know. If they did, I'm certain they would have taken me to court ages ago.

So far I've had two of their call centre apes telling me they won't take me to court, perhaps they don't understand the procedures like people here do. ;)

Jipdog, do you mean "won't" or "will"?

Regards.

Fred

This is a worrying development, I think pink pigs are taking over the world:

e-bond650_212x121.gif

Now Nationwide are at it as well.

Fred

DUH, posted same as previous poster:D

Edited by citizenB

BCOBS

Is it only me who thinks that apart from a Pink Pig it could in fact be a breast upon which four strategic dots have been placed?

(Well I only got 3 hours sleep last night!)

No comment :p:D

BCOBS

Jipdog, do you mean "won't" or "will"?

"Won't". Two of them have said something along the lines of "We won't take you to court but we will sell the debt on".

But then they have also claimed that they can get a charging order using "litigation" so I don't think they really know what they are talking about!

Well MBNA have just sent me a default notice.

What's the best way of fighting this given that their "agreement" is entirely unenforceable? Indeed, can I fight it?

Regards.

Fred

Well MBNA have just sent me a default notice.

What's the best way of fighting this given that their "agreement" is entirely unenforceable? Indeed, can I fight it?

Regards.

Fred

Hi Fred

Cavalry to the rescue! Husband had identical letter today - have posted on Debt Collection Industry entitled "MBNA Default Notice/CCA" and have had brilliant advice - sorry will have to learn how to link but its taken me the best part of the day to learn to use Photobucket! Keep in touch - its neck and neck now:D