Bos Mortgage Arrears & Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all fellow members -

I have BOS Interest only mortage. The letters have started coming from Halifax and no more from BOS. The annual mortage statement comes from BOS though.

Cutting the long story short, I had 5 months of payments missing last year during the Spring time totalling £4000. The Halifax dragged me to the courts and I accepted £200 on top of the interest only monthly payments. I have paid up almost all the arrears and next month will be the final month that I will be out of the arrears.

The interesting bit is when I looked at the latest 18 months mortage statement I found Halifax has charged me almost every 7th day £35 for the letters that have been writing to inform me of the arrears between June and December 2006. After the suspended (repossession) orders by court in December 2006, I found that halifax has also charged me £1800 in solicitors costs that they have added in the mortagage arrears.

The total amount charged in fines is totaling to the tune of £5700 (wow ! more than the actaul arrears!).

It would be highly appreciated if any of the fellow members advise me as to how I can file a claim for those charges and where to start with if I am eligible. Thanks very mcuh

Looking forward to hearing.

Regards