My Dog Died = Clamped **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My dog was attacked by another dog and my son and I rushed our dog to the Vet. Sadly, he died.

I parked in a side road. Whilst our Dog was with the Vet I kept an eye open for a Traffic Warden. I saw a van arrive which seemed private and went out to my car. It had been clamped!. I had been in the Vet for about 3 mins. The warden would have given me the ticket and then clamped me within no more than 2/3 minutes.

This is the ticket.

Waltham Forest

(Road Traffic Act 1991 - Section 66 and Schedule 6 as amended)

Ticket No: XXXXX

Date of Notice: 28/04/07

To the registered keeper of

Vehicle Reg No: XXXXXXX

Make of Car: XXXXX

Colour: Black

Which was left in location

Fletcher Lane E10

At 13.55 on 28/04/07

Parking Attendant XXXXXX

(Signature/Initial)

who believes that a penalty charge is payable with respect to the vehicle identified above on the grounds that the following parking contravention has occured:

01 Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours

The penalty charge of £80.00 must be paid before the end of the period of 28 days begining with the date of this notice. If the penalty charge is paid before th end of the period of 14 days begining with the date of this notice, the amount of the penalty charge will be reduced by 50% to £40.00.

PCN CONTINUED OVERLEAF

(normal comments on how to pay and where to pay and comments about enquiries and NTO etc)

DO NOT PAY THE PARKING ATTENDANT

===============================================(detach here)========

Payment Slip

Notice No: XXXXX Date of Notice XXXXXXXX

Veh Reg: XXXXXX

?80.00 Full Price

?40.00 Discount Price

FOR INSTRUCTIONS ON PAYMENT SEE OVERLEAF

If payment is made by post please detach slip, complete the details on the reverse and return with your payment, to the address shown overleaf.

Issued by The London Borough of Waltham Forest

On Front of PCN

There is a sign that says No Parking Monday to Saturday 8.30 am to 6.30pm

I have a photo of the single yellow line but its on my mobile.

I do not think the single yellow line is compliant.

My car was parked about 20 yards from the main road. In front of my car there is a solid yellow line with a TBar. After that Parking is allowed

Behind my car there is about 5 yards of very faint yellow paint with very faint white paint in front....Then there is about 8 yards of either no yellow line or some strange yellow markings in the road. These go from the pavement out (strange). After that its Double Yellow Lines for the last few yards of the road. There is no TBar on the other side of the Single Yellow Line.

What should I do?

I had to pay the clampers about £200.00.

Guest xipetotec46

I am confused.. How come you had to pay £200 when the pcn stated it was only £40 and you had 14 days to pay?

Guest xipetotec46
Reason I had to pay circa £200 was because they had clamped my car. I would estimate the clamping happened about 2/3 minutes after my car was ticketed.

The penalty charge of ?80.00 must be paid before the end of the period of 28 days begining with the date of this notice. If the penalty charge is paid before th end of the period of 14 days begining with the date of this notice, the amount of the penalty charge will be reduced by 50% to ?40.00.

There may be something different in Waltham Forest but I don't think you can be clamped for a parking contravention if the above statement is correct. you have 14 days to pay £40 and 28 days to pay £80 why was you charged £200 and why was it clamped.

Guest xipetotec46

Phone the council ask them why they clamped you.

Howard can you get a copy of the PCN on here both sides lets see if there is a problem with the PCN, I find it's better with a camera pic a steady hand is needed then host it on ImageShack® - Hosting choose No1 image for forums.

Guest xipetotec46

Were there any signs to say you could be clamped and the amount, if there are not then they cannot do it, legally anyway.

Hang on a minute is this a private car park or council, as you state that the PCN says... "To the registered keeper of

Vehicle Reg No:" I have never seen that wording on a PCN

• 4 months later...

Update on this.

Waltham Forest accepted my informal appeal and refunded PCN and clamping fee.

Following this I wanted damages and requested £115.00

After 2 letters they refused to pay and I issued a county court summons for £115 + £30 court fee.

They paid me £145 within 2 weeks.

Guest xipetotec46

Following this I wanted damages and requested £115.00

After 2 letters they refused to pay and I issued a county court summons for £115 + £30 court fee.

They paid me £145 within 2 weeks

Excellent howard and well done for sticking at it you are an inspiration to others now.