Another Bloody Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cant believe it, another bloody ticket this time off chorley council, parked in a disabled bay with the bloody markings worn out, and no other signes around stating that it is a disabled bay, ive no bloody luck, what should i do...?

P1010193.jpg

P1010198.jpg

Contest the fine and state that markings were non-existent.

Did you also take a picture of the actual space, without your car in in it?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Details of the bottom of the sign, where it says Regulations and Penalty, would be of interest. If you could post them, someone will very quickly be able to tell you if it's avoidable.

I don't always believe what I say, I'm just playing Devils Advocate

Regulations

"Vehicles must clearly display a valid ticket or permit. Vehicles must be parked wholly within a marked out bay. Disabled bays are reserved for Blue Badge holders. Front of the badge showing the wheelchair user symbol must be on display."

Penalty

"A Penalty Charge Notice of £60 (£30 if paid within 14 days) will apply for failure to comply with any of the above parking regulations."

I'm good at close reading ;) Firstly, 'Penalty Charge Notice'? Is this coucnil run or private? 'Cos I didn't think that private comapnies were allowed to use 'Penalty'... :rolleyes:

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

From the Chorley Council website it looks as if the Flat Iron car park is a Council run one. My wife picked up a ticket in almost identical circumstances in an Eastbourne car park (parked in disabled bay.....no markings clear to the unknowing that it was such....no sign at the head of the bays to indicate disabled parking only etc). We took photos from either side and straight on with the positions empty and showing the lack of signage and only traces of paint which might or might not have once been a wheelchair symbol but was now impossible to tell. Sent these with a letter of appeal and the ticket was cancelled without argument.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I did appeal and got a letter back saying i quote, The PCN was correctly issued as your vehicle was parked in a disabled drivers bay, the bay was clearly marked and you did not display the relevant badge,your reasons for parking there are not acceptable as grounds for cancellation of the PCN....

Heres the other photos i took on sunday, as you can see on other parts of the car park it ranges from, signs worn out on the floor but at least has signs on the wall, to some bays having complete signs, to where i parked with no sign on the floor and none on the wall...

P1010209.jpg

P1010207.jpg

P1010211.jpg

ask to see the traffic regulation order for that car apark.

Irrelevant. Even if the TRO is valid, without correct signage, it is not enforceable.

The signage shown in the photographs is not correct.

Guest xipetotec46
Irrelevant. Even if the TRO is valid, without correct signage, it is not enforceable.

Hi Pat you are correct but the TRO may not be enforceable either, twice I have sent of for TRO's and twice I have found them to be wanting i.e TRO not amended. cancelled PCN No 2 Line different than the TRO, awaiting reply from Highways Dept.

However in this mans case the signs are not enforceable on the top pic because it looks like spilt white paint and not a sign you will find in the TSRGD's