Help with old uni debt please

oojakapipi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

LOL :)

So... have you called the courts to see if they've got the paper work, yet? It seems to be taking longer than normal:-| Maybe they are reconsidering... now you've got a soliciter to send 'em a letter.:D

No, I had my finger poised over the dial button yesterday, but thought better of becoming 'that annoying woman who keeps phoning and bothering the clerks'! The uni have been sent a nominally increased offer along with our request for the contract....tick tock :-|

I also need to prepare for my interview on Tuesday so am on a 'stress reduction' course of action. :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also need to prepare for my interview on Tuesday so am on a 'stress reduction' course of action. :)

If they are interviewing you the day after a bank holiday, they are serious:) One of my rules of thumb is that one gets interviewed on the weekend or the day after a holiday... they pretty much already have the job:)

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Thanks tomterm8, I really hope so 'cause I would sell my Nana for this job lol! Ok not quite, but I REALLY want this job. I could still stuff the interview up so I'm not going to get too confident about it being in the bag. I also need to get rid of the recently acquired nervous tick! :)

Pugsley if your reading this I will be sneaking into the newly opened student bar occasionally if I can get passed security!

My problem always was the student bar!

I am waiting until my toddler goes to nursery (September, hopefully) and I get the SLC sorted ( hopefully in a back alley with an iron bar, but court will do). Then I get my education back on track.

What with this debt/banks stuff and a case won against the local NHS PCT this year as my cv, plus general academic stuff, I can get a place. I nearly went 4 years ago, but I then found out I was pregnant.

And this time I'll avoid the student bar!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Just a quick update.......

Phoned the court this morning and had an er... interesting discussion with the clerk who seemed to think I had sent my paperwork to the wrong place. Several very confusing minutes later I established that the uni still hasn't sent their paperwork to the court..........It is now 3 weeks since they said they were proceeding.

Havn't heard from my solicitor either, so I have now got images of the uni debt collection department trying to find the contract and going through the student attendance records of all the tutors on my course, it will take them forever, there are 12 tutors not including 'guest' tutors. :D

I also asked the clerk if there was a timescale in which the claimant needs to file their claim after receiving an admitance, and he said no! I will ask my solicitor about this when I speak to him, I'm sure they can't get away with holding the paperwork for the next year (for example) and then filing.

Will update when I know more.

I also asked the clerk if there was a timescale in which the claimant needs to file their claim after receiving an admitance, and he said no! I will ask my solicitor about this when I speak to him, I'm sure they can't get away with holding the paperwork for the next year (for example) and then filing.

Will update when I know more.

Maybe send them another 10p increment letter, and inform them you went to an interview for a permanent job...

How did it go, btw?

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.